WORSHIP THE BALLS- A thread for Guerlain meteorites and the women who love them

NaomiH

6d4984e9_Screenshot_2015-01-31-20-46-49.png
Can i dip my whole body in it?
:drool:

DMcG9

I swatched the Guerlain Meteorites Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer & fell in LOVE with it. I put it on the back of my hand & it made the skin so soft hydrated & beautiful! Even hubs said it made the skin look amazing & pretty. SO getting a it.

The SA told me that Guerlain is the oldest makeup company dating back to the 1800's
That's cool! I know that Shiseido is from the nineteenth century too, I think circa 1870s.

mkoparanova

I swatched the Guerlain Meteorites Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer & fell in LOVE with it. I put it on the back of my hand & it made the skin so soft hydrated & beautiful! Even hubs said it made the skin look amazing & pretty. SO getting a it.

The SA told me that Guerlain is the oldest makeup company dating back to the 1800's
I would recommend using a sample first, if you can find one. I absolutely loved it in the first few weeks but now my skin feels extremely dry when I apply it, sometimes I even feel like it's stretching.. I don't have dry skin and I've never had one, I also haven't changed anything in my skincare/foundation routine, so I'm sure it's the primer that causes the dryness. It's a shame because I loved it at first, I'll try it again in the summer.

Medgal07

The primer sounds heavenly!!!
It's amazing that they've lasted so long. I think we've seen more than a few cosmetic companies come & go. Good for Guerlain. I love their products!!!
heart.gif

Medgal07

I would recommend using a sample first, if you can find one. I absolutely loved it in the first few weeks but now my skin feels extremely dry when I apply it, sometimes I even feel like it's stretching.. I don't have dry skin and I've never had one, I also haven't changed anything in my skincare/foundation routine, so I'm sure it's the primer that causes the dryness. It's a shame because I loved it at first, I'll try it again in the summer.
What an odd thing to have happen to you, but I get it. I've considered it but I seem to be super sensitive to primers, in particular and break out from them. It's so annoying!!!
ohboy.gif

mkoparanova

What an odd thing to have happen to you, but I get it. I've considered it but I seem to be super sensitive to primers, in particular and break out from them. It's so annoying!!!
ohboy.gif
It is odd.. I used to have oily skin as a teen, in the last 2-3 years it's been normal/combination but a few hours after I've put the primer on, I feel like I have a clay mask on my face :X It doesn't break me out though and it looks really good, so I'll try it again when it's warmer outside.

Medgal07

It is odd.. I used to have oily skin as a teen, in the last 2-3 years it's been normal/combination but a few hours after I've put the primer on, I feel like I have a clay mask on my face :X It doesn't break me out though and it looks really good, so I'll try it again when it's warmer outside.
I hope it works out for you!!!!

HappyHippy

Elegant, since you love fun facts so much, Guerlain was the first brand that used the twist up lipstick tube. The same design as we use to this day. They also launched one of the priciest lipsticks ever. It was from thier Kiss Kiss line and the lipstick had a housing made of solid 18 carat gold and embellisched with 199 diamonds of 2.2 carat. Total costs where a whopping $ 62.000,- but luckilly it was refillable. Guerlain is also the only brand ever to use 666 as a lipstick colour code. The sort of pinky colour with glitters that not even a blind person could deny was hughe in the Dutch goth scene. It was also a great break from all of the 5 dollar black lipsticks we wore at the time. For a lot of goth girls that lipstick was a gateway lipstick to the brand. I know of enough womans who left there gothy period, don't dress in all black and don't listen to the music anymore but they never have strained from Guerlain.

sugarberry

Guerlain is also the only brand ever to use 666 as a lipstick colour code. The sort of pinky colour with glitters that not even a blind person could deny was hughe in the Dutch goth scene. It was also a great break from all of the 5 dollar black lipsticks we wore at the time. For a lot of goth girls that lipstick was a gateway lipstick to the brand. I know of enough womans who left there gothy period, don't dress in all black and don't listen to the music anymore but they never have strained from Guerlain.
Wow, that is interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing!

Shars

Hey ladies. For anyone who missed out on the Holiday 2014 balls, sephora seems to have them back in stock.

elegant-one

Guerlain is also the only brand ever to use 666 as a lipstick colour code. The sort of pinky colour with glitters that not even a blind person could deny was hughe in the Dutch goth scene. It was also a great break from all of the 5 dollar black lipsticks we wore at the time. For a lot of goth girls that lipstick was a gateway lipstick to the brand. I know of enough womans who left there gothy period, don't dress in all black and don't listen to the music anymore but they never have strained from Guerlain.
Oh my that is such a great read! Thank you dear
heart.gif
How fun to know all that!!!!

I own 666
lol.gif

Latest posts