WORSHIP THE BALLS- A thread for Guerlain meteorites and the women who love them

Monsy

My holiday balls that I ordered from neiman marcus had couple of them broken in half inside. it can happen

Audrey C

That's actually the seller I'm looking at! I read his reviews and a few people said their Meteorites were either fake or arrived broken. :-S
I've ordered from that seller three times. All of the items are authentic, but the Perles de Blancs arrived with at least 1/3 in powder form. Maybe half. They were packaged very carefully, so I'm inclined to think they were already broken when shipped. Quite a few of us got them that way. I have no reason to believe that the seller knew they were damaged; the packaging looked perfect.

NaomiH

That's actually the seller I'm looking at! I read his reviews and a few people said their Meteorites were either fake or arrived broken. :-S
I've ordered from them and besides some dust at the bottom of the tin,my balls were in perfect condition and seem to definitely be the real thing.

Vineetha

9ed126f0_image.jpeg

urbis

It wasn't part of a collection, but it was a shade that was exclusive to the Asian countries, just like the 01 balls are permanent but exclusive to Asia.  If you are interested, you can call the main boutique in France and they'll ship you the Asia exclusive items they have on hand.  
Thank you for this preciuos info!!!

Medgal07

I've now officially fallen in love with the blush pearls as well. I was so sure that I'd hate the packaging, and it turns out that I think it's adorable. Yet another variation for me to collect; what do you want to bet they'll make more shades?
girlhaha.gif
I never thought the day would come that I would see this type of reversal from you. I'm so glad you love them and the adorable packaging!
cheerleader.gif

Enjoy wearing them. I hope they do make more shades.

Medgal07

Myself and ElegantOne were the first to order from this seller----my package arrived in pristine condition, no broken balls---just some white powder from the sponge
but nothing remotely close to what you've read.

Medgal07

SO the blush balls (LOL) are just for blush right? are they worth it? I thought the color would be too much for me.
You're referring to the DEFLATED balls? The cute little pink ones? Yes they are, Pretty. Start lightly and build it to your desired intensity/pinkness.
heart.gif

allthingsglam

I love love the blush balls I also love the packaging I may be the odd ball but something about them seem so vintage like it could have been sitting on someone vanity from a long time ago I'm hoping they make more colors I'm all in

Anitacska

Which leads me to... What are the differences between shades? I'm not sure whether to order 02 or 03. I'm about an NW22 OR 3Y06 for reference, but I get a little darker in summer months.
I've never seen fake Meteorites on eBay, I don't think they're a product worth faking. The only thing I've seen on eBay that is definitely fake is the old pressed version. This is the genuine article: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NWOB-Guerlain-Meteorites-Illuminating-Pressed-Powder-10g-03-Beige-Lumineux-/141519211772?pt=US_Makeup_Face&hash=item20f333ccfc The fake ones sit really deep insode the container and come with a puff. This version never came with a puff. This is the fake one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3x-GUERLAIN-POWDER-LES-METEORITES-02-VOILETTES-No1-10g-EYES-DIVINORA-02-3-5g-/261375106682?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_Up_Cosmetics_Mascara_PP&hash=item3cdb2b9e7a

sugarberry

I also love the packaging I may be the odd ball but something about them seem so vintage like it could have been sitting on someone vanity from a long time ago I'm hoping they make more colors I'm all in
You know, I don't mind the packaging at all. It's definitely vintage feeling.

The problem I have is with the blush colour itself. It might just be my skin tone, but this blush packs quite a punch. I've used a dense brush and a looser fluffy brush, and each time, I have to make sure to be really careful or I get a very obvious flush of colour. LOL! It still retains a slight translucent quality, though, which I find unusual. It's both pigmented and translucent on, so it looks like a natural flush on me.

Medgal07

You know, I don't mind the packaging at all. It's definitely vintage feeling.

The problem I have is with the blush colour itself. It might just be my skin tone, but this blush packs quite a punch. I've used a dense brush and a looser fluffy brush, and each time, I have to make sure to be really careful or I get a very obvious flush of colour. LOL! It still retains a slight translucent quality, though, which I find unusual. It's both pigmented and translucent on, so it looks like a natural flush on me.
You might want to try wearing it UNDER your foundation. You can better control the intensity, and you'll get that color-from-within look.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Medgal07

I also love the packaging I may be the odd ball but something about them seem so vintage like it could have been sitting on someone vanity from a long time ago I'm hoping they make more colors I'm all in
I love them too Glammy---The little round box is adorable!!!