Your Starter Brand

Twinkle_Twinkle

Everyone is mentioning Bonne Bell and Lip Smackers and I just have to laugh. I remember being in elementary school and wanting to collect all of the different Lip Smackers flavors (this was when you could get them at that store that was just like Icing, I think it was called Alternatives, or something,). I guess I thought there was actually a difference between Chocolate Milk and Ginger Bread,
lmao.gif

astronaut

I think my very very first "makeup" brand was lip smackers! They had those fun glittery yummy smelling lip balms. And glitter gels to that I'd slather on my arms and sometimes near my eyes/cheeks! Then I think it was that NYC roller lipgloss! Those smelled yummy. Makes me wanna go get some lol. My mom would also give me her lancome GWP samples that she didn't want. When I was in middle school I wore eyeliner and that was Lancome because my mom wore Lancome. I just had basic everyday same stuff makeup and I didn't get into serious makeup addiction until I found Urban Decay! Then I ventured off into other brands in Sephora from time to time but mostly just Urban Decay. It wasn't until recently did I really get into MAC, when the MAC store opened. It was then could I get the pallets. I vowed to stay loyal to MAC ever since since I got mad because I kept buying dupes in MAC that I had of another brand. If I stay with one brand, I'll remember what I already have. And since MAC has so many colours and is always coming out with new collections, it was a no brainier that that's the brand to stick with. Also i love their lipglasses and lipsticks, it's the only brand I'll use! I never really liked lipgloss and lipstick until I met MAC!!

Dark_Phoenix

Clinique.
Superbalanced Makeup in Breeze.
Lucky Clover blush.
Seashell Pink/Fawn Satin Eyeshadow Duo.

and the three step skincare system (which I still use!!). I love the brand still.

sigwing

I loved the big Lip Smackers!

Y'all are too young to even remember this stuff, but I'd had a Corn Silk liquid foundation that was great, loved the smell & the application of it...hasn't been made in ages I don't think. Then I had a Pond's blusher compact that had peach on one side & a highlighter powder on the other, a dual pan, and it was my favorite. I had some Maybelline, CG, Avon...didn't care for the eyeshadows but always tried them.

Then in later high school years, at a few boutiques, I found Mary Quant. I got several of her blushes, lipsticks, pot rouge stuff, and my favorite cologne, Havoc. LOVED that stuff...I hope somewhere I still have some of those cute mod containers! I also had Yardley of London lipsticks, one frosty pink flavored like bubble gum was one of them, and some Yardley e/s with my favorite just a basic brown matte that was awesome. Of course there were pans of Revlon e/s, the Revlon foundation that was popular back then, an Avon "face beamer" stuff I always used, then found my Bonne Bell tube of bronze gel that just added sheer color...I think they still make it. Oh the memories!!!
smiles.gif

Hilly

When I was a kiddo- I used to eat my LipSmackers lol. Especially the Pina Colada one! Tell me I'm not the only wierdo???

SnowWhiteQueen

My first ever eye shadow was an electric blue Fetish one. My mom was so mad that I was so young (12 or so) and wanted such crazy makeup. Well, I haven't changed much! Only got worse actually....

sOo_femme

Gosh, I remember I was given a little pink treasure chest filled with Lipsmacker chapsticks in all those funky flavors. I hated them! I didn't like the smell or texture at all.

greatscott2000

I started with Clinique when I was 14- I was hooked by Almost lipstick in Black honey and the gift with purchase that came with the $16.50 purchase.. the price has sense gone up obviously. But I started with Stay Amber matte foundation, the 3 step skin program in III and Black Honey almost lipstick- its still a favorite of mine!

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
When I was a kiddo- I used to eat my LipSmackers lol. Especially the Pina Colada one! Tell me I'm not the only wierdo???

I knew people who ate the strawberry flavored Chapstick.

jennzy

covergirl when i was in gr.7. and by gr.8 some mac eyeshadows.
then gr.9-10 i used stila
then used clinique
and gr.12 benefit
2nd yr university mac eyeshadow bloom!

so pretty much majority of the stuff i use are benefit face and mac shadow and blush

n_c

Quote:
Wet and Wild!!

Yup me too. I still remember that horrific almost black lipstick I wore.

CG followed, then Maybelline and finally around 19 or 20 yrs old I was turned to MAC...yay!!!

mello

I used to steal my mom's Avon and lip smackers (she likes the lip balms haha), then I started getting into Maybeline, Covergirl, Bonnebell, Revlon and Jane products. Still use most of those brands today
smiles.gif

Quote:

That actually made me LOL. I used to apply layers of the stuff so I could lick it off. But I never actually took bites of the sticks, though I know some people who did

Magic Markers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigwing
I loved the big Lip Smackers!

Y'all are too young to even remember this stuff, but I'd had a Corn Silk liquid foundation that was great, loved the smell & the application of it...hasn't been made in ages I don't think. Then I had a Pond's blusher compact that had peach on one side & a highlighter powder on the other, a dual pan, and it was my favorite. I had some Maybelline, CG, Avon...didn't care for the eyeshadows but always tried them.

Then in later high school years, at a few boutiques, I found Mary Quant. I got several of her blushes, lipsticks, pot rouge stuff, and my favorite cologne, Havoc. LOVED that stuff...I hope somewhere I still have some of those cute mod containers! I also had Yardley of London lipsticks, one frosty pink flavored like bubble gum was one of them, and some Yardley e/s with my favorite just a basic brown matte that was awesome. Of course there were pans of Revlon e/s, the Revlon foundation that was popular back then, an Avon "face beamer" stuff I always used, then found my Bonne Bell tube of bronze gel that just added sheer color...I think they still make it. Oh the memories!!!
smiles.gif

Haha, I found a thing of unopened Corn Silk foundation in my grandmother's cosmetics... I wonder how long THAT's been around.

Mine was like this crazy cherry red lipstick that my mother bought me when I was like 10 at the drug store because it was really cheap... Awful. I also had brown maybelline mascara and some random no name liquid eyeshadows that were purple and pink when I was like 11. My first foundation was MaxFactor.

ratmist

Clinique. My mother had a few Clinique pieces and part of the 3-step skin routine. Since she'd get go through the skin stuff every year, I'd get a lot of GWP pieces. I had a hell of a good GWP collection for a while.