Your Starter Brand

whatever21

Bonnebell's Lipsmackers and lip glosses and eyeliner pencils, Revlon's Foundation, Covergirl stuff, NYC stuff, Maybelline stuff, random Lancome eyeshadows that I stole from my mom, and I had one MAC pressed powder...and I used it all until I was about 18 (except the lipsmackers..)...lol...until I discovered YouTube makeup tutorial videos and realized I needed to try out some more high-end stuff...I'm 19 and a MAC addict now
yahoo.gif

ritchieramone

The first make-up I remember having was a yellow tin of Mary Quant eye crayons (?) which my mum allowed me to play with. I used them on my Girl's World dummy head more than on myself though.

When I was 11 or 12, I got a nice Rimmel eyeshadow set for my birthday. It had about 10 colours in it and I spent a lot of time the using the shadows in it to make pretend bruises. (They were quite convincing, albeit a little shimmery!)

After that, I used Boots No7 or their more teenagey 17 range, along with Barry M. I used to have to buy the pure white Barry M foundation to mix in with other brands to make them a wearable shade for me.

newagetomatoz

Hmmm, it was really a hodgepodge of drugstore and Claire's makeup that I used to sneak behind my mother's back; pretty much whatever was cheap and pretty looking to my 12-year old self. When my mom found out, she started buying me Avon, thinking it was better. I really didn't mind since she was paying for it (I'm such a greedy child!)

Then as I began gaining more financial indepence, I still stuck to drugstores, but then then MAC addiction took this summer, and now it is mostly MAC and highend with some fun drugstore thrown in, like Milani!

Miss_M

The first brands I bought myself were Max Factor and Bourjois when I was 18/19. I used the MF Crème Puff powder foundation and Bourjois e/s, eyekohl, mascara and lipstick. After a while I also branched out to other brands like The Body Shop, Invite, Gemey and Revlon and later on, when I was in my early 20's, I slowly moved to the more expensive HE brands. Back in those days I mainly used Clarins, Dior, Chanel and lots of Lancome.

Winnie

Rimmel Eyeliner, Natural Collection and 17 range from Boots (UK drugstore) were my beginner brands at around 14!

averiejuli

I started out with Covergirl, Maybelline and moved up from there. I loved lip smackers and I used hand me downs from my mom (MAC, Chanel) which eventually got me into department store m/u.

hello_kitty

Mine was Jane, back in the end of 6th grade. I always saw them advertised in Teen, so I found some at Walmart... oddly enough... I still have most of my Jane stuff... from 1996... for some reason. *shrug*

Danapotter

I used this no name eyeshadow palette for about 1.5 months and then I found Specktra, and have been a MACaholic (to my parents' and families' dimsay) since then.
winks.gif

amelia.jayde

the first makeup i ever bought was a white gray and black eyeshadow trio from NYC, i think.. and some lip smackers stuff. a month later i graduated to lancome and a couple months after that, mac. <3

Socialite

i always have loved makeup. when i was in highschool i would wear mary kay because my mom was a consultant. i also used covergirl mascara and powder. when i got my first job i started using mark then i moved up to victoria's secret where i luckily discovered sephora . i've just recently started using mac

itsJADEbiitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Do yall remember those makeup pallets sold at grocery stores or drug stores where you would get lippies, blushes, and eyeshadows. The pallet was like hot pink and el cheapo!
The eyeshadows looked like mini lipsticks stacked within them. They were such wierd colors and very waxy. I can still remember the smell lol.

omg yes!! i can never forget the smell..i used to wear the fake fingernail tips too.. the ones that slide over your tips hahha

my 1st makeup was wet n wild and jordana!

NadiaD

Oh god, I cring when I think of the stuff I used to wear! At first I was a 'I'm NEVER going to wear makeup!!' type of girl. Then I hit puberty, noticed boys and the spiral began lol.

First was stealing my Mum's stuff - including a lovely 80's bright matte blue eyeshadow I used to wear right up to the brow with frosty pink lipgloss - nothing else! I looked a state. When I started buying my own stuff, it was 17 from Boots and Kolor from superdrug (Now thankfully that line is dead!). Then moved up the ranks of drugstore make up in Boots - MaxFactor, Loreal, Bourjois, Barry M etc. Then at age 16 my Mum bought me my first 'proper' makeup from BeneFit - I love that stuff!

When I started university I took my student loan to clinique and Benefit. Happy days! Then about a month ago I plucked up the courage to finally try MAC - in the past I never thought it was for me, as I am not a size 10 beautiful person who I thought MAC catered for. I was soo wrong about that!

Nowadays I use BeneFit, Mac and still my old favourites of Barry M and Bourjois! Hoping to buy some Urban Decay soon :>

Sorry that was kinda long, but this thread brought back a lot of memories!! lol.

KikiB

Well when I was really young, my mum would let me play with all her old stuff, but when I was in 6th grade it was the cheapo drugstore stuff: Wet/Wild, Bonne Bell, the occasional Jane piece, maybe some Cover Girl and then whatever I could pilfer from my mum. However she bought me my first Lancome shadow-Limelight, a very nice light green shade-when I was in the 7th grade and the next year, she bought another. It then became a thing for her to buy me new Lancome shadows for Christmas, and then I'd usually just see what cheapo shadows we could get otherwise.

Then I made the speedy transition to the department store stuff about a year ago and boy am I glad I did. Now when I go to Ulta, I can see the obvious difference between the two types of cosmetics and the cheaper ones definitely look the part.

anjelik_dreamin

I started off with those really cheap toy palettes that barely left colour on when I was around 7, Then at about 12 I started using my mum's old maybelline and stuff. Now (at 18) I use Fyrinnae, Inglot and I slowly want to amass a mac collection besides my brushes and MSF....the piggies are so freaking pretty!