Your Starter Brand

gabi1129

victoria secrets lipglosses! then it was cg mascara and rimmel eyeliner. when i decided to drag, i knew i couldnt use the drug store stuff. and this is when i went to MAC, and after using some of their products and now im addicted.

msmack

AVON. Yah, my momma used to sell it too! I'd always find a bag in the back of her closet full of those tiny little tester lipsticks and such... then I guess I moved onto cover girl and maybelline. Oh boy, then i discovered MAC pigments....

tsukiyomi

I started off with Wet & Wild. Right now, I find Wet & Wild disgusting and I'll never use it again. And that was when I was 13, so it's only natural, I suppose seeing how cheap it was at 1.00 a piece. But I honestly think that you get what you pay for so far as quality goes with more expensive brands.
greengrin.gif

meiming

I figured I'd bump up this thread again because I think it's so much fun!
wavey.gif

For me, I hardly ever dabbled in makeup at all until my twenties. But way back in high school a friend got me started with Revlon's Toast of New York which looking back I can't imagine how I wore such a dark shade. Then again, it was the grungy 90s. After that I kinda backed off makeup as I was in a very ungirly stage. In college my re-entry started with MAC of course! But I hardly used anything but the most basic makeup for "special" occassions until recently because I never knew how to put the stuff on. Then...a month ago...I met specktra and I've been inspired ever since.
smiles.gif

nylonbits

Hey I still love my LipSmackers :p
and then it was MAC clear lipgloss when I was in gr. 7 or 8... I started getting into makeup when I was 15-16 and I had a couple MAC eyeshadows. I guess MAC's my starter brand but now I like a bunch of other drugstore/high-end brands too
smiles.gif

Cosmopolitics

Wet N' Wild, Jordana, and those huge crappy Markwins palettes that you see around Christmastime. Then again, I was only twelve or thirteen.
lmao.gif

Kiseki

The first makeup I ever bought was Jean Paul Gaultier's, so it's kind of a recent thing, then I moved on to Clinique (for foundation), then MAC and pretty much I got addicted into trying out as many brands as possible. I love MAC for eyeliners, shadows, shadesticks and things, but complexion wise it's either Laura Mercier or Armani.

goldenchild

I started to use makeup in middle school, so my friends and I would use this light pink sparkly gloss from Bonnie Bell that tasted like a creamsicle and outline our lips with Revlon lipliner in a reddish brown color. We thought we were so cool!

YvetteJeannine

My big sister started buying my makeup when I was 13....so I started out with Lancome and Estee Lauder...When I got old enough to buy my own, I started going to MAC and Sephora.

MsCocoa

Bonnebell lipsmackers and also those cheapie BSS lip glosses, they used to dry up so quickly and I would pile on those rolly ball glosses thinking I was cute!

stellarx1587

Mine was Revlon... I was all about their espresso lipliner... toast of new york, black cherry, and blackberry lipsticks... good Lord haha... what can I say dark lipsticks were all the rage in my school back in '94...

kyashi

for me i started at 15 i think, got redeemable stuff from my year 10 formal makeover and yehs that kickstart my makeup life, then i went onto missha, shiseido (my mum used it) then loreal and now mac at the age of 17 .. i dont think im ever gna change back again.

mollythedolly

First? Around 7th grade.
I always took the freebie lipglosses from my mom's Clinique/Lancome bags. I didn't buy one until a few years ago. Usually, they were big enough to last for 4ish months. I also used Maybelline mascara (yes, yes, Great Lash), CG pressed powder, and a few of those CG quads.

I used the applicators included with them... ewww.

jmthoreson

I've read this whole post and all of the stories are the same: drugstore crap, then clinique, then MAC! That is my story too, at 19 years old I was too good for drugstore, but could only afford clinique, since it also came with the gwp. I still remember my first lippie. I was 12, it was wet and wild 507A (maybe it was 507b). My friends and I all had the same color and applied it repeatedly during classes. Good times.