Chanel Holiday 2010

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
If you have time, please post photos of the brushes so we can ogle.
yes.gif
lol.gif

I will
winks.gif

As far as brushes go - I think everyone should own Chanel's kabuki brush! Seriously it is the nicest cutest perfect soft brush ever! I even bought one last Christmas to put in my daughter in law's stocking

TheTeenageMuse

I am so pumped for the polish trio, pink pulsion glossimer and the tweed! If Canada doesn't get everything I'm going to send an angry letter to someone!

Canadian girls we're expecting it in Nov. Btw
smiles.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
As far as brushes go - I think everyone should own Chanel's kabuki brush! Seriously it is the nicest cutest perfect soft brush ever! I even bought one last Christmas to put in my daughter in law's stocking

Elegant, I'm pretty sure all of us wish you were our M.I.L.
tong.gif
yes.gif
I hope my future M.I.L. loves makeup as much as I do! That would be so fun!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
tong.gif
yes.gif

winkiss.gif
girlhaha.gif
Thats so sweet! It really helps in life to a) be able to get along with your MIL b) Even better if you can share the goodies in life too.

I forgot to say about the Kabuki brush, that it is fairly reasonably priced for the quality that you get. Some of those brushes are pricey & not nearly as nice. I love the size of it too. Not too big not too small

elegant-one

Ok, I had this crazy thought about 3am this morning
th_crazy.gif
Why did they call it Stunt??? (Stunt Laque) Lost in translation much? Is it a circus feat, a practical joke played, is it's growth limited....
lol.gif
I think I had too much coffee late yesterday
tong.gif

mrslid

Quote:
tong.gif
yes.gif

Yes that would be heaven!! Such a wonderful MIL you are! I may pass out from joy if I found that in my stocking!
th_DANCE.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
Yes that would be heaven!! Such a wonderful MIL you are! I may pass out from joy if I found that in my stocking!
th_DANCE.gif

Aww
winkiss.gif
Well if I win the Lottery...its brushes for all of you this Christmas
lol.gif

I do feel very fortunate to have the DIL that I have...she loves me dearly (& more importantly - our son) & she makes me laugh so much. I will say that she finds it pretty cool that we wear the same size clothes & shoes & we talk about everything from the serious to which is the most comfy thong underwear
lol.gif
It is awesome.

And, she is really getting into Chanel
whistle.gif

mrslid

Quote:
whistle.gif

OK that whistleing is priceless!!
th_LMAO.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Aww
winkiss.gif
Well if I win the Lottery...its brushes for all of you this Christmas
lol.gif

I do feel very fortunate to have the DIL that I have...she loves me dearly (& more importantly - our son) & she makes me laugh so much. I will say that she finds it pretty cool that we wear the same size clothes & shoes & we talk about everything from the serious to which is the most comfy thong underwear
lol.gif
It is awesome.

whistle.gif

My MIL is great, but not into makeup at all (neither is my mother, for that matter). I did her makeup for my BIL's wedding last year, and she asks my advice on decorating. My SIL is into makeup, in that, she wears it, but she does get her nails done quite often, and asks me about nail polishes. She loves digging through my stash and borrowing colors, since her salon doesn't really have much of a selection.
greengrin.gif

That Chanel kabuki does look really nice, but I have my eyes on the Burberry one!

Almus

I am a bit confused at the moment. A few days ago, I sent an email to Chanel.es customer service in order to find out any information about the release of the Holiday Collection as well as if every counter is going to receive the little sets.

Related to the release date, they just inform me that it is still confidential (that made me laugh, since ok, it sounded too serious) and regarding the sets question, I got this answer (I have translated it, but not literally):

"You need to know that purchasing a Chanel product as a gift is an unique gesture, sign of elegance and everlasting luxury. We are devoted to these values so the "ready-to-give-as-a-present" is not part of our philosophy. For that reason, our designers do not wish to offer "gift sets" to our clients".

Ok, what am I missing? Maybe I was wrong asking her for the sets as part of the Holiday Collection? Are they non-gifts sets? The funny thing is that in Chanel.com they appear under the heading "Gifts" (link: COLLECTION TEINT DE PÊCHE - Gifts - Chanel Makeup)

I am super confused
th_confused_new.gif

Almus

Sooooo I wrote back to that nice lady at Chanel.es. I linked the pictures of the sets at Chanel.com, asking her very kindly, what are they if they were not gift-sets and if we were going to have them available in Spain, whatever their name is.

She just informed me that those in Chanel.com are actually gift sets and that they will be only available at the US.

So I don't want to be mean but I am tempted of writing back to her again and ask her if Chanel's philosophy is actually different on both sides of the Atlantic ocean, cause it was pretty clear to me in her first email that "those ready-to-give" sets were not desirable by Chanel's designers.

Anyway I am not going to reply back (although I admit I'd love too
sneaky.gif
) and it's very sad we won't be getting those amazing sets in here
ssad.gif

Winthrop44

Well on the bright side I guess you can feel you are worthy of "elegance and everlasting luxury". I guess we in the US are just tacky.
lol.gif

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Well on the bright side I guess you can feel you are worthy of "elegance and everlasting luxury". I guess we in the US are just tacky.
lol.gif

th_roll1.gif

I just realised that being so close to France (geographically speaking ofc!) must have done some good on our status!

shimmergrass

just got an email from chanel about the holiday sets etc which are already on the website!

no free shipping code though!

purrtykitty

lol.gif
That e-mail makes no sense! I wonder if they'll release the sets, but call them something else. I understand the U.S./Canada occasionally get different things, but I can't imagine Chanel would skip out on the entire European market.

elegant-one

img3544c.jpg

img3542q.jpg

img3541ad.jpg

img3539p.jpg

img3538j.jpg

img3536ky.jpg

img3535r.jpg

Chanel Holiday 2010 Brush Set
Stunt Laque

The Brush set is simply elegantly gorgeous! Only the angled eyebrow brush is a little scratchy. The others are very full & soft.

Stunt is a Beautiful browned mauve dark plum

Since dh bought these as an early birthday gift for me, he watched me open the brush set & said, "wow they're short, I guess you don't really need a paintbrush"
th_roll1.gif
a paintbrush...I dunno, maybe some days I do
tong.gif

Bonitinha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Related to the release date, they just inform me that it is still confidential (that made me laugh, since ok, it sounded too serious) and regarding the sets question, I got this answer (I have translated it, but not literally):

"You need to know that purchasing a Chanel product as a gift is an unique gesture, sign of elegance and everlasting luxury. We are devoted to these values so the "ready-to-give-as-a-present" is not part of our philosophy. For that reason, our designers do not wish to offer "gift sets" to our clients".

I am super confused
th_confused_new.gif

That email is bizarro! Like giving someone a gift set isn't a sign of elegance? Huh? The way the whole thing is phrased is just a bit snooty! LOL!
I will take a gift set any day!
winks.gif

Elegant -- LOVE the brush set pic! How fun -- I want to dive right in that picture and start playing with the brushes!

elegant-one

On the gift email - I wonder if they thought you were asking them to send you like a freebie gift set? Weird

Latest posts