Chanel Holiday 2010

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
I will take a gift set any day!
winks.gif

Elegant -- LOVE the brush set pic! How fun -- I want to dive right in that picture and start playing with the brushes!

greengrin.gif
I love short handle brushes. The heads are very lush & thick.

Camnagem

Wow. The brush set! Want.
sigh.gif

Thank you so much for posting pics. I love the bag/case and the brushes themselves really look great.

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Well on the bright side I guess you can feel you are worthy of "elegance and everlasting luxury". I guess we in the US are just tacky.
lol.gif

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif

I know, right? Omg.

Ingenue

Guys please don't fuss at me...

But I have to say, I saw the brush sets at Nordstrom and passed. I don't really care...? The brushes are not as high in quality as, say, Hakuhodo. I played with them and walked away. I imagine they'd be a find for a Chanel collector, but I really feel like you're just paying for the name. The brushes aren't even as soft as the Shu Uemura mini set I have, and that was much less $$$.

elegant-one

^ really? My set seems really soft & full
th_dunno.gif

I guess that could've be posted previous to my post. I would never do that to someone else.

missanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
img3541ad.jpg

Chanel Holiday 2010 Brush Set
Stunt Laque

The Brush set is simply elegantly gorgeous! Only the angled eyebrow brush is a little scratchy. The others are very full & soft.

Stunt is a Beautiful browned mauve dark plum

Thanks a lot Elegant
girl_devil.gif
I had myself convinced that I didn't need these b/c I love my set from last year. But these pics are pulling me in. They're beautiful!! Enjoy them (I know you will)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenue
Guys please don't fuss at me...

But I have to say, I saw the brush sets at Nordstrom and passed. I don't really care...? The brushes are not as high in quality as, say, Hakuhodo. I played with them and walked away. I imagine they'd be a find for a Chanel collector, but I really feel like you're just paying for the name. The brushes aren't even as soft as the Shu Uemura mini set I have, and that was much less $$$.

I have to disagree. I love the quality of my Chanel brushes. I have a few B Brown brushes that are softer but they don't apply the product as well as my Chanel. I never thought about Shu Uemura before, I think I'll check them out. Where are Hakuhodo brushes sold?

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
lol.gif
That e-mail makes no sense! I wonder if they'll release the sets, but call them something else. I understand the U.S./Canada occasionally get different things, but I can't imagine Chanel would skip out on the entire European market.

But it is not just skipping it, what susprises me the most is that customer service in Spain first claimed that it's Chanel's policy, and at that point I thought that Chanel's policy must be the same worldwide, not to sell any pre-made set and just a few hours after, admit that the sets do exist (where's that marketing philosophy now?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonitinha
That email is bizarro! Like giving someone a gift set isn't a sign of elegance? Huh? The way the whole thing is phrased is just a bit snooty! LOL!
I will take a gift set any day!
winks.gif

Idd it felt snooty ... and unnecesary! I am buying Chanel because of the quality of their products not because I like to spread all the stuff I carry on my purse so the people I am with can check how classy I am
nope.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
On the gift email - I wonder if they thought you were asking them to send you like a freebie gift set? Weird

Well, maybe. But if they would have thought that way, the normal answer would have been "no, we don't offer any gift set with your purchase from the Holiday Collection, but we do have those other sets for buying if you are interested".

Anyway, at least I had a good time reading those absurd emails.

Elegant, that brush set is fabulous! And Stunt is
thud.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

Ahhh, the brush set looks gorgeous!!! In general, I prefer high-quality travel-size brushes because normal-size brushes are just too long for my hands. The eyebrow brush I use on a daily basis is also quite scratchy with the same kind of salt-and-pepper looking bristles, but I found that I quite like the stiffness since it seems to help me with precision.
smiles.gif

TheTeenageMuse

NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!
If Europe isn't getting them that means Canada won't either! Do you think it'd be too crazy of me to drive down to Buffalo...

On another note Lorraine from the current custom on Youtube got the Holiday Quad. Looks GORG. She said she'd have swatches on her blog soon!

Winthrop44

Whew, gotta say that was one really tough video for me to get through!
lol.gif
The quad does look really pretty, though glittery. It also looks different from what I was expecting...as in way lighter, which is a good thing in my book. Looking forward to seeing the swatches. If you see them can you please post the link here?

Thanks for the gorgeous pics elegant! I love the bag, esp the compartment section!

Miss QQ

elegant, thanks for the pics! I love my brush set from last year and I hope to get this set too this year. Last year, our counters only received 5 each and one special counter received 15. Very limited stocks. The interior of the pouch looks just like last year's, and as for the exterior, there is the Chanel logo under the word.

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!
If Europe isn't getting them that means Canada won't either! Do you think it'd be too crazy of me to drive down to Buffalo...

On another note Lorraine from the current custom on Youtube got the Holiday Quad. Looks GORG. She said she'd have swatches on her blog soon!

Uh no no. I haven't said that Europe is not getting the sets. I just said that spanish Chanel counters are not. I cannot know what would happen in the other many countries around us
winks.gif

About the quad, besides from looking too glittery, I could have used 3 darker colours instead of just 2.

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!

OK Isn't anyone else freaking out that the Holiday colour collection is already hitting stores?? But I'm super confused...that quad look NOTHING like the promo pics??? I thought there was copper in it and other vibrant colours. That looked really blah?? Is her lighting that bad??

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
elegant, thanks for the pics! I love my brush set from last year and I hope to get this set too this year. Last year, our counters only received 5 each and one special counter received 15. Very limited stocks. The interior of the pouch looks just like last year's, and as for the exterior, there is the Chanel logo under the word.

Oh darn, I do wish that it had the logo
ssad.gif

The pocket is such a nice feature. I will carry this out.

elegant-one

Quote:
lol.gif
The quad does look really pretty, though glittery. It also looks different from what I was expecting...as in way lighter, which is a good thing in my book. Looking forward to seeing the swatches. If you see them can you please post the link here?

Thanks for the gorgeous pics elegant! I love the bag, esp the compartment section!

winks.gif
Its beautiful & love that pocket.

So, do you think its the lighting in the video? Where is the video?

elegant-one

Quote:
lol.gif
The quad does look really pretty!

Well, what is the saying...Brevity is the soul of wit...whew

The quad looks really pretty. I wish we had some swatches
Thanks!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
But it is not just skipping it, what susprises me the most is that customer service in Spain first claimed that it's Chanel's policy, and at that point I thought that Chanel's policy must be the same worldwide, not to sell any pre-made set and just a few hours after, admit that the sets do exist (where's that marketing philosophy now?).

Meh, I've long learned that Customer Service reps know next to nothing. Occasionally the SAs are misinformed, but CS almost always is.

Latest posts