Chanel Holiday 2010

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Confusing. Unless it is a soft pink ls but they used the fuchsia gloss over it in the promo pic. Hard to tell from her actual swatch of just the ls

Anyhow, I ordered just Magnolia ls

Don't like the looks of the quad, or are you waiting for more swatches to decide?

Miss QQ

The Holiday collection is already available - that's fast! I'll probably get it in the beginning of November then. Can't wait to see more swatches before I make my list. If Magnolia is a soft pink, then I'll pick it up. If it is fuchsia then I'll pass. Is Charming like Astral? I finished Astral and would love to replace it.

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootergirlnc
Just placed my order on NM! It's free shipping with code shipnm! I got charming and pulsion glossimers, magnolia RC, and tweed fuschia! I'm still debating the brush set. Hmmmmmmm.........
girl_devil.gif

Could you please swatch your goodies when they arrive? It would be of great help for me
yes.gif

I am also confused about the colour of Magnolia l/s after checking the swatch on mua since I thought it would be some kind of very soft pink, as everyone here (damn descriptions!) Anyway, I am pretty sure I will be getting Pink Pulsion l/g (I don't own any bright pink atm, so I may use it a lot for going out or when feeling nasty
tong.gif
) and Charming l/g if following swatches confirm it's a good everyday soft pink gloss.

Btw, Splash looks nice, isn't it?
sneaky.gif

Camnagem

That Pulsion NP is so, so pretty!
sigh.gif

I need more info on the quad, but I'm pretty sure Magnolia RC and at least one of the glossimers (maybe both) will be coming home.

I can't wait to hear opinions (and hopefully see some swatches!) from those of you who have ordered already.

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey&LemonGirl
http://www.makeupalley.com/account/p...sp/u=jmh1wdh2/

If you look at the user's other pics, she has pictures of the RC and glossimer in the tube. It looks quite blue-pink and quite bright.
ssad.gif
Thanks for the info & links everyone! I guess I'll just order Magnolia and see how I like it when it comes.

Definitely it's too bright for what I was expecting so it may be out of my wishlist.

It's great you start getting all the holiday products at the counters. My guess is that we will be waiting at least till November in here
yes.gif

TheTeenageMuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I'm waiting for more swatches before ordering anything. It seems to be out at all Saks at the very least (even mine but I'm too lazy to make the trek) so Karla will probably have swatches soon.
smiles.gif

Edit: Here's a great review with swatches from pixiwoo:

....Pixiwoo....: Les Tentation De Chanel - Holiday Collection

And the quad, both RCs, and charming glossimer have been added to the list again...

mrslid

Quote:
I'm waiting for more swatches before ordering anything. It seems to be out at all Saks at the very least (even mine but I'm too lazy to make the trek) so Karla will probably have swatches soon.
smiles.gif

WOW thanks that was very helpful. I fully expected the Pink Pulsion Glossimer to not be glittery because it was the only one that didn't have "sparkling" in the description. I expected more of a fuschia cream gloss so that was a surprise. I didn't order any of the glossimers but Charming does look tempting. Am I the only person who is bothered by adding gloss on top of lipstick because it kills the wear time. Is that not as much of an issues with Glossimers over RCs? Maybe I should try it? UGH why do I have ZERO self control *sigh*

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeenageMuse
And the quad, both RCs, and charming glossimer have been added to the list again...

Great minds think alike LOL I did order the quad and both RCs and I'm very very tempted by Charming but have left it off my order for now ;-)

Camnagem

Thank you so much for posting that! OMG.
heart.gif

I love the quad and the NP, and both glossimers, and Magnolia RC. No doubt remains, I will be getting all of those items.

Can I say again...OMG the nail polish!!!
love.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Don't like the looks of the quad, or are you waiting for more swatches to decide?

Absolutely
smiles.gif
especially after seeing those swatches
nope.gif
the colors looks so much richer in the promo pic. I will have see to this one in person.

elegant-one

Quote:
smiles.gif

Well I kinda like magnolia in those swatches, but it def. isn't a soft pink WTH? The quad - I still don't know. Its coming across in the swatches as blah.

I was thinking..a Magnolia flower is a very soft pale pink - but it does have very dark Fuchsia accents
lol.gif

purrtykitty

I didn't think Pink Pulsion was sparkly, either mrslid. THAT changes everything! I'll be getting that one, too.
smiles.gif

mrslid

I wonder if the glossimers are becoming perm like from the Fall collection. I've seen the RCs noted as LE on different sites but not the glossimers?

purrtykitty

FYI, Muscat Glossimer is still available on Nordies website, for those wanting Muscat only. No need to buy both!

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I didn't think Pink Pulsion was sparkly, either mrslid. THAT changes everything! I'll be getting that one, too.
smiles.gif

LOL too funny. You're the opposite of me. I keep thinking I'm too old for sparkles plus I don't want to reduce the wear time of my RCs by adding a gloss. I'm tempted though. Very, very tempted.
graucho.gif

euphrosyne_rose

The quad is what stands out to me. The darkest shade is outstanding from the swatch on Pixiwoo's blog. Tempting...very tempting...
graucho.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Well I kinda like magnolia in those swatches, but it def. isn't a soft pink WTH? The quad - I still don't know. Its coming across in the swatches as blah.

I was thinking..a Magnolia flower is a very soft pale pink - but it does have very dark Fuchsia accents
lol.gif

I know people often say MAC's descriptions are off but to me, compared to Chanel's descriptions...MAC's are great! Sorry Chanel!
sneaky.gif