Getting a RESTRAINING ORDER on roommate

rbella

Jeez. I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I hope it gets better and you can live life normally. {{{HUGS}}}

Brittni

grouphug2.gif

Mabelle

ugh. this sounds like a complete nightmare. I'm really sorry you're going through this. I hope everything turns out well. As for your "friend" and the physco, we'll, karma can be a reaaalll bitch.

crystalclear

Your so called "friend" sounds as if she has a bit of a brass neck to be pissy at you, perhaps if she'd been more supportive and told the bitch to back off this situation would be resolved or never have occured in the first place. Either way you're the victim not her, if she and chickabitch's mother really want to do her a favour leaving you alone would be a good start, with her approval or not, violation of these orders may be seen by courts as being at her instigation esp. if there is more than one incident and would be seen as an aggravition of the original offence, which she would be held responsible for regardless of her prior agreement. She'll get her just desserts hopefully sooner rather than later.
If you need extra legal advice for free many universities here offer a pro bono law clinic where law students give the advice, if there is one near you they might be helpful if they have a similar programme.
Hope everything works out for the best.

Kayteuk

Hey girl so hows it going!? I hope my charming bf's and my advice was ok =) He asked me to check up on you earlier also...Bless =P

Brittni

Hey, it's going okay. No major updates for today. Havent talked to poco so I'm assuming she's still pissed at me. Meet with the lawyer tommorow so I'll have updates then.

I wanna try to spend the night at my house on Saturday, but I'm scared her cousin might do something to my car... so we'll see....

Ms. Z

Please be very careful. I hope that you have a fantastic weekend!

All: Have a great weekend!!

Brittni

Just spoke with Poco, briefly. She acted like nothing ever happened? Truly, she is dense. LOL. Went on to tell me about her "flavor of the week" (boy she met while sitting on our porch...)

Anyways, although not major happened today I can't help but feeling uber depressed. I got this house because I wanted the college experience. I never had a TRUE high school experience in my own opinion because I was super shy due to insecurity from body viewing disorder. I was 123lbs and thought I was about 200lbs. It kept me from trying out for track (I ran a mile in 7:36) and dance (I'm too fat mentality) etc... I didn't want to miss out on my college experience, especially the socialization part. Now if I don't live in the house, I'm never going to be able to maintain any friends I meet. My mom's house is 40 minutes from campus, and it's a pain in the ass to drive there just to hang out with someone for a few hours... It just really makes me depressed because I want to be one of those girls on Facebook with 500+ pictures with friends always having fun.

I know that this is MY life, and that I have nothing to prove to anyone else to make my life seem worthy or wonderful or anything... and I enjoy staying at my mom's and what we do...even if it's not much... but at the same time I just want the NO LIMITS kind of thing. The ability to say to someone "hey, come over!" you know. Makes me so sad. I know I could move home and then move somewhere else close to campus in January - but then it's the harsh winter to deal with and I've stilled missed yet another 6 months of my life. And by that time I'll be 20,. BLEH. Just had to vent while I sit here wondering if I'm going to move out of the house and let her stay (but still get the final RO) if they pay for it... or just get the final RO and make her move (what I really wanna do...convenience since I get off work at 5 and don't have a class til 7....what am I gonna do those nights cuz I can't drive home to mom's) etc

emeraldjewels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
Just spoke with Poco, briefly. She acted like nothing ever happened? Truly, she is dense. LOL. Went on to tell me about her "flavor of the week" (boy she met while sitting on our porch...)

Anyways, although not major happened today I can't help but feeling uber depressed. I got this house because I wanted the college experience. I never had a TRUE high school experience in my own opinion because I was super shy due to insecurity from body viewing disorder. I was 123lbs and thought I was about 200lbs. It kept me from trying out for track (I ran a mile in 7:36) and dance (I'm too fat mentality) etc... I didn't want to miss out on my college experience, especially the socialization part. Now if I don't live in the house, I'm never going to be able to maintain any friends I meet. My mom's house is 40 minutes from campus, and it's a pain in the ass to drive there just to hang out with someone for a few hours... It just really makes me depressed because I want to be one of those girls on Facebook with 500+ pictures with friends always having fun.

I know that this is MY life, and that I have nothing to prove to anyone else to make my life seem worthy or wonderful or anything... and I enjoy staying at my mom's and what we do...even if it's not much... but at the same time I just want the NO LIMITS kind of thing. The ability to say to someone "hey, come over!" you know. Makes me so sad. I know I could move home and then move somewhere else close to campus in January - but then it's the harsh winter to deal with and I've stilled missed yet another 6 months of my life. And by that time I'll be 20,. BLEH. Just had to vent while I sit here wondering if I'm going to move out of the house and let her stay (but still get the final RO) if they pay for it... or just get the final RO and make her move (what I really wanna do...convenience since I get off work at 5 and don't have a class til 7....what am I gonna do those nights cuz I can't drive home to mom's) etc

I just read the whole thread and i'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Your post here could have been written from my own heart, i feel exactly the same as you. Whilst I do have some friends, we never do things together or don't call, or arrange to do anything. My best friend who I used to do everything with got a boyfriend last year and practically doesn't bother with me any more. I have seen her about 5 in the last year. So because of this I am super close to my mom, and we do alot of things together and I love her to bits, but I just wish I could find some new friends who would treat me better.

So I just wanted to say that I do know a little of what your feeling, and if you ever want to chat or anything, you can always pm me or email me.
yes.gif

Good luck with everything, I am willing it to work out for you
smiles.gif

nikki

Good with everything in court!!! I am so sorry you are having to deal with such crap!

Growing Wings

th_cheerup.gif
I'm really sorry to hear you're going through all this Brittni. I hope that everything works out well and that you get to stay in the house and have the full college experience. It's totally unfair on you that she can't be bothered to get along with you. I've got my fingers crossed for you that everything goes ok for you.

Brittni

Everything is okay I suppose. I haven't been back but I might go back tommorow. I meet with the attorney on Wedensday now because Saturday was just the sign-up so we'll see.

I will post a lengthier update tommorow hopefully.

Kayteuk

Call 911 next time and let them know about the order! =) If u need any more advice call the number I gave ya!