Guerlain Spring 2015- Les Tendres

patentg33k

Tell me why you love it - the shades? I just looked at it.
The complexity--the light blue shade has a lot of violet duo chrome in it. the deep shades have plenty of pigment, and the softer shades are more sheer. They evidence thoughtful design that seems to work with my aesthetic.

My features don't really support strong color (although it looks so beautiful on some wo/men). Most Guerlain e/s are delicate, complicated and bring luminosity. If you ever have a chance to get a makeup with Guerlain's Marcus Manson, please take it. He's so helpful in helping one understand the thoughtful design in the product.

I think the blue has those qualities that I've seen in past palettes that I've loved, but I haven't played with it in depth yet. Some of their palettes are not my thing. and with all things, it's your mileage may vary.

starletta8

That's all I'm sayin'

My bias is toward Guerlain, I do love their textures and colors. This one meets all the right standards for me--it's not a strong pigment but I think they are so pretty pretty.

This is my first Guerlain quad, but it won't be my last.

I'm not afraid of making sheerer shades work, and that lovely light blue (which reads almost silvery and illuminating on my lids) is worth it.

starletta8

The complexity--the light blue shade has a lot of violet duo chrome in it. the deep shades have plenty of pigment, and the softer shades are more sheer. They evidence thoughtful design that seems to work with my aesthetic.

My features don't really support strong color (although it looks so beautiful on some wo/men). Most Guerlain e/s are delicate, complicated and bring luminosity. If you ever have a chance to get a makeup with Guerlain's Marcus Manson, please take it. He's so helpful in helping one understand the thoughtful design in the product.

I think the blue has those qualities that I've seen in past palettes that I've loved, but I haven't played with it in depth yet. Some of their palettes are not my thing. and with all things, it's your mileage may vary.

After a couple of hours, I looked at my quick and basic eye and thought "this just looks soft, pretty, and almost ice princess-ey." It's not a look I'm currently craving, but give me a week or two and I'll probably be there, in terms of the time of year.

I prefer stronger pigmentation from lighter shades, but the complexity of the quad has won me over.

elegant-one

Thanks hun! Although I'm not much of a "blues" girl, this one has me intrigued. I'm going to see of one of my Nodies has it to see in person. I so appreciate your reply
heart.gif

Medgal07

Even better, I proved that the in-store pickup is basically worthless.

I called, waited on hold when the counter wouldn't pick up, and the assistant cosmetics manager found it for me in that same store that cancelled the order. I'm going to pick it up shortly.
After all of this, I hope you really love it. I'm glad it finally worked out!!!

Medgal07

This is my first Guerlain quad, but it won't be my last.

I'm not afraid of making sheerer shades work, and that lovely light blue (which reads almost silvery and illuminating on my lids) is worth it.
That's good to hear Starletta. I'm glad you're en I ordered the Les Précieux 504 Palette and now you're tempting me with Les Nuees. I only have one other Guerlain
palette and I really love it. I'm hoping Les Précieux won't disappoint either.

starletta8

That's good to hear Starletta. I'm glad you're en I ordered the Les Précieux 504 Palette and now you're tempting me with Les Nuees. I only have one other Guerlain
palette and I really love it. I'm hoping Les Précieux won't disappoint either.
I kept side-eyeing the tester for Les Precieux and that glorious, mossy green.

And then I remembered I own almost every green palette on the market, and it was easier to leave it at the counter.

It looked beautiful, though! I think it will totally suit your complexion well- and probably look amazing with the Peach lipstick!

starletta8

After all of this, I hope you really love it. I'm glad it finally worked out!!!
Me too!

Apparently they're having an event next weekend, so I'm going to stop by to pick up a few other items (if they get Dore in- it will make an amazing highlight for my cheeks. I surprised the counter manager with that request- to try it as such.)

I think Kiss Kiss Baby Rose (not the NP) will work well for my pigmented lips in lieu of the super sheer pink lipstick with the palette.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Review from T of Les Nuées:

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-les-nuees-18-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches

I'll definitely have to swatch this one in person, because I was worried already that the three lighter shades would look too much alike to differentiate between them.

charismafulltv

#1 is the only shade I really liked from it too!! It's a pass!! Can't wait to see your gorg highlighter C!!!
Just received my other meteorites from Hong Kong. It's the Blanc de Perles 01. It's beautiful V! You better get it. I'll post pics tomorrow. Getting ready for working overnight tonight. The Perles is like a cross between the 00 and Clair

starletta8

Review from T of Les Nuées:

http://www.temptalia.com/guerlain-les-nuees-18-eyeshadow-palette-review-photos-swatches

I'll definitely have to swatch this one in person, because I was worried already that the three lighter shades would look too much alike to differentiate between them.

This is a perfect example for me of why blogs are awesome but I rely on my own instincts, too.

Psst... damp eyeshadow brush makes all the difference for packing/layering with the lighter shades, and I had no problems with fading- but I always wear primer!

Haven

ladies please let's not even start about the cold. I am in Chicago!!! It is BRUTAL 
I lived in Chicago for a few years, and the winters were brutal. I lived right by the lake, and with the wind chill it was horrible.

Medgal07

I kept side-eyeing the tester for Les Precieux and that glorious, mossy green.

And then I remembered I own almost every green palette on the market, and it was easier to leave it at the counter.

It looked beautiful, though! I think it will totally suit your complexion well- and probably look amazing with the Peach lipstick!
Thanks Starletta.
friends.gif
I understand what you mean about having so much green eyeshadow. I feel that way about blue which is why I didn't get the Les Nuees palette....but it sure is pretty!!!!

Medgal07

Just received my other meteorites from Hong Kong. It's the Blanc de Perles 01. It's beautiful V! You better get it. I'll post pics tomorrow. Getting ready for working overnight tonight. The Perles is like a cross between the 00 and Clair
I was looking at that one too! Very tempting!!!