L'oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow

baysaz

Innocent Turquoise on lid, Lotusland in crease, Heirloom eye kohl upper lashline, Siahi fluidline lower lashline.

PRESIDENTslim

Iced Latte and Amber Rush has become my go-to neutral eye look! My co-wokers are used to me wearing bold eye looks, they always say I look different when I wear my neutral colors lol. I love to wear this combo with bold lips!
I second that except i add pink sapphire. LOVE!!!

mac_aiken

Forever Pink is Pink Sapphire in the US, correct?
Anyone still looking for Gold Imperial or Gleaming Bronze?

Jenrbelt

Forever Pink is Pink Sapphire in the US, correct? Anyone still looking for Gold Imperial or Gleaming Bronze?
Not sure but Gleaming Bronze might have been one of the colors Spanky was looking for. I know it was a pink shade and a bronze shade, but not sure of the names.

OhSoJaded

Forever Pink is Pink Sapphire in the US, correct?
Anyone still looking for Gold Imperial or Gleaming Bronze?
That's correct. Forever Pink is the international version of Pink Sapphire.

I own Goldmine (Canadian version) but have been on the hunt for Gleaming Bronze. Might have found it's Canadian counterpart online. Are you still able to find those at your local stores?

All of the different International versus US names confuse me. I must have bookmarked at least 4 posts re: the naming of these products, haha.

martiangurll

for anyone is interested, I found a site what lists ALL of the colors and the known US dupes. really interesting...
th_happy1.gif

http://sakuralovely.wordpress.com/2011/12/06/loreal-color-infallible-eyeshadows-lor-lor-lor-collection/
That was an informative (and lemming generating!) link! thanks to this thread I have discovered the joy of these eyeshadows. the only let down for me was Smouldering Plum, which lacked the panache of these others I have tried and led me to really seek out new colors. I got the most compliments when I wore Eternal Black (I think that was the name) but my favorite was the first one I tried, Bronzed Taupe. These lasted all day on me without removal (about 13 hours) until I took them off. There was very minimal fading (I wore a MAC Paint as a base) and creasing at about 12 hours but otherwise I agree with the claim that they last and last with vibrant color and little creasing. I wonder if I had no base on if it would have affected the creasing but I am sure others will post that. I am trying Amber Rush today with powder e/s over it and Mary Kay eye primer to see if that affects the longevity and creasing.

Thanks to everyone who has posted about these. Wondering if anyone has made a note of which ones have the most vibrant color (multidimensional or duochrome effect?)

So far I have tried Amber Rush (very similar to Sweet Heat), Eternal Black (gorgeous), Bronzed Taupe (the perfect neutral), Smouldering Plum (flat, disappointing) and I have Endless Pearl to try. I have been eyeballing *Something* Sage, the teal one, the hot pink one and now I want a vibrant purple but the purple swatch I like I don't think came out in the US.

duckrodeo

I finally got my International Infallibles that I won on eBay! I thought I would give a swatch comparison of Canada's Permanent Kaki (yes, that is how it is spelled), and US's Golden Sage. They are pretty damn similar (shucks for me lol!)

Permanent Kaki on the left, Golden Sage on the right:

They're pretty much dupes!!! If I had to point out one difference, it would be that Golden Sage seemed much easier to work with when swatching them on my arm! Permanent Kaki seemed a little dryer (I didn't use a base or anything with these on application). Aside from that, I feel that if you own PK or GS, you do not need the other one. They're the same color.

OhSoJaded

I finally got my International Infallibles that I won on eBay! I thought I would give a swatch comparison of Canada's Permanent Kaki (yes, that is how it is spelled), and US's Golden Sage. They are pretty damn similar (shucks for me lol!)

Permanent Kaki on the left, Golden Sage on the right:

They're pretty much dupes!!! If I had to point out one difference, it would be that Golden Sage seemed much easier to work with when swatching them on my arm! Permanent Kaki seemed a little dryer (I didn't use a base or anything with these on application). Aside from that, I feel that if you own PK or GS, you do not need the other one. They're the same color.
Ah, yes. I believe that was on one of the US/International lists floating around. Luckily it's a lovely color haha.

TheLadyDanger

I finally caved in and bought four this week! Ulta has buy two get one free deal with L'Oreal so I got Endless Pearl, Continuous Cocoa and Eternal Black. I also visited WalMart and got Liquid Diamond! I'm eye-ing on Bottomless Java (keep telling myself I don't need it since there might be something close in the Urban Decay Naked palette) and Amber Rush (kept telling myself MAC Sweet Heat is close).. LOL

PixieDancer

I finally caved in and bought four this week! Ulta has buy two get one free deal with L'Oreal so I got Endless Pearl, Continuous Cocoa and Eternal Black. I also visited WalMart and got Liquid Diamond! I'm eye-ing on Bottomless Java (keep telling myself I don't need it since there might be something close in the Urban Decay Naked palette) and Amber Rush (kept telling myself MAC Sweet Heat is close).. LOL
Amber Rush is my most used Infallible to date... And I also have SH. I'll try to compare them for you. But I CAN tell you the texture of AR is TO DIE FOR!! VERY smooth and blendable!
Liquid Diamond is a STUNNER as well! Welcome to the Infallible World!!

Richelle83

Definitely look at the database I posted on pg 6, can't be buying the same color from 2 countries!

Naughty Strawberry must be owned by all!!! Forget Pink Sapphire/Forever Pink. That color is lame compared to NS. Oh and NS with that Maybelline Fuchsia Fever tattoo....TO DIE FOR!!! Oh and again lol Test My Teal tattoo(base) with Innocent Turquoise(inner/half lid) and Perpetual Flame(outer half/v) = perfect birds of paradise look!

TheLadyDanger....get. them. all. See that was easy lol.

martiangurll

Now I am spoiled though, and I refuse to buy unless there is a BOGO or some other coupon or discount. I would love to find a lot on ebay for all the colors I want. Mainly, I want the garnet one, the sage one, the turquoise one (but I may get the MAC teal shadow instead) and the Marshmallow one.

TheLadyDanger

Amber Rush is my most used Infallible to date... And I also have SH. I'll try to compare them for you. But I CAN tell you the texture of AR is TO DIE FOR!! VERY smooth and blendable!
Liquid Diamond is a STUNNER as well! Welcome to the Infallible World!!
I played with the ones I bought after! I couldn't stop touching them -- the texture is so unique compared to other drugstore eye shadows I've bought! Any recommendations what to pair Liquid Diamond with? I notice the silver color leans towards a slight purple-ish.

I will probably end up getting Amber Rush just for the sake of having it in my collection.. LOL!

TheLadyDanger

Definitely look at the database I posted on pg 6, can't be buying the same color from 2 countries!

Naughty Strawberry must be owned by all!!! Forget Pink Sapphire/Forever Pink. That color is lame compared to NS. Oh and NS with that Maybelline Fuchsia Fever tattoo....TO DIE FOR!!! Oh and again lol Test My Teal tattoo(base) with Innocent Turquoise(inner/half lid) and Perpetual Flame(outer half/v) = perfect birds of paradise look!

TheLadyDanger....get. them. all. See that was easy lol.
It is indeed easy.. LOL! Even easier when you've got a deal of buy two get one free plus a few dollars off. Bad habit!

Naughty Strawberry sounds interesting! I've been on a pink eye shadow obsession since MAC's In Extra Dimension collection came out with Young Venus. I sadly passed on Young Venus and am now regretting it..
thud.gif

EllenAim

This first pic is of my "little" L'oreal collection. lol
first row (L to R): Endless Sea, Iced Latte, Golden Emerald
second row: Glistening Garnet, Pink Sapphire, Amber Rush

Second Pic is "swatch" side up!
first row (L to R): Glistening Garnet, Iced Latte, Golden Emerald
second row: Endless Sea, Pink Sapphire, Amber Rush

I'm so jealous right now, I only have two of these :D
Hopefully my collection will grow :)
337 and 557 are my favourites, I like bright colours :)

PRESIDENTslim

Since that pic, my collection DOUBLED. i now own 12. And that is NOTHING compared to some of the the other girls around here. They dance around my little stash! I want some of the colors from Europe but I'm waiting on the right price
choochoo.gif

337 and 557 are my favourites, I like bright colours :)

PRESIDENTslim

If anyone watches project runway, i just noticed that in the hair and makeup studio, there is a mirror cover with lots of infallible eyeshadows! ima try to find a pic to post
poke.gif

OhSoJaded

Now I am spoiled though, and I refuse to buy unless there is a BOGO or some other coupon or discount. I would love to find a lot on ebay for all the colors I want. Mainly, I want the garnet one, the sage one, the turquoise one (but I may get the MAC teal shadow instead) and the Marshmallow one.
They're Buy2Get1Free at Ulta. Free shipping for orders over $25 w/ code 88250. You can use it on the US shades you want.