MAC - Dazzle Lash Discussion

Susanne

Re: Dazzle Lash Discussion

I am still unsure about that.
th_dunno.gif

I must get more information or pics!

BaDKiTTy69

I hope it will be glitter mascara, like Lancome had one. It was so pretty, but too pricey for the mascara I think.

melliquor

I would love glittery/coloured mascara... but it looks like it is just a new mascara.

PASS!!!

Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll

Hmmm...now I'm thinking it may have no "dazzle" about it. No glitter at least
ssad.gif

Poop. Where's the fun without the glitter?

NatalieMT

I hope it's not mascaras packed full of big glitter flakes, subtle shimmers would be nice and maybe similar brightly coloured eyeliners. Something like liquidlast but with shimmer or pearl!

I agree with others who mentioned they would like fabulously OTT falsies. That would be fantastic.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
So I googled and found this:

(at bitbythebeautybug.com)
In other mascara news, MAC is set to release Dazzle Lash, which is said to “create voluptuous curve” and reach “entrancing new lengths”. The Beauty Bug hasn’t been able to sneak a peak at the brush yet, but early rumblings say that the innerspring head is innovative and grabs and texturizes individual lashes. Details and an on-counter date are not confirmed yet.

Hmmm...now I'm thinking it may have no "dazzle" about it. No glitter at least
ssad.gif

Boo to that.I have been looking forward to this
ssad.gif
What a letdown.

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotmodelchiq
I just happened across this article and it basically said the same thing... so um yeah I don't think we're getting any "special" glitter anything the article says..."Dazzle Lash mascara has a brush with extending coils to completely coat each eyelash. It will be available in October" hmmmm booooring... Actually Ive been looking and the next few collections and... THEY SUCK!!!! they're mostly REPROMOTES
nonono.gif
(except suite array... it has glitter liner!)This blows guess I'll be holding my pennies until Metal Urge comes out... hmmm I do need a new going bananas and bitter so MAYBE just maybe I'll check out Manish Arora.....
yucky.gif

Oh please don't tell me that Red She Said is one of the collection that suck!I know Manish Arora has a bunch of repromotes,what other ones do?

TraceyyGold

I think its a glitter mascara, though that sounds kinda hazardous. But glitter lashes would be cool too!

I can't wait to see what it is.
:]

Ayustar

Man, I really hope it is mascara with glitter in it! I was looking at a Japanese site that had some today, it would be nice. I kinda doubt it though. Hopefully, it isn't just some regular mascara with a misleading name -_-

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwirechick
They seem to have a fascination with the words 'flash' and 'dazzle' this year.

Let's just hope they don't start breaking out the jazz hands.

Ayustar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwirechick
They seem to have a fascination with the words 'flash' and 'dazzle' this year.

I am assuming because it gets our attention. I hope they come out with something really cool soon, lately, it feels they are doing more of the same. I guess I can be thankful, since I am piss broke at the moment. There hasn't really been anything new that has sparked my interest at all. Christ, the least they could do is make a mascara with glitter in it.

MAC really needs to go out on a limb with their stuff. I feel like they are being too conservative. Where is the friggen red eyeshadow or red glitter? Primary color Paint Pots *or any bases for that matter*

I have a ton of things I would love to see MAC do, but yeah...that is just one person.

lizardprincesa

I LOVE ~Glitter~ in my Mascara!
smiles.gif

I don't actually see a need to buy a glittery mascara.
I am a proud member of The Drugstore Mascara Society, &
I regularly add glitter to my mascara.

I swipe glitter either on my top eyeliner, and/or
*anywhere* on my lashes. OhMyGoddess...it's so much fun!!!
smiles.gif

I add the glitter either:

1) when the mascara is newly applied, or

2) with an eyeliner brush, 1st dipped lightly into Blacktrack Fluidline
(any similar product would work, like a gel liner,I'm sure; I usually match it to my mascara color, which is ~always~ black. I know this could work with other colors, as well.)

Since I can't afford to buy more brushes right now, I often use the brush from a LiquidLast Liner which has dried out. I dip it into the Fluildine, & then into the glitter, either lightly or heavily.
You can make yourself a jewel-encrusted eye this way,
like a band of liner/glitter across the base of your lashes.
Makes me feel like a queen.
winks.gif

I love the feel of dipping the brush into the glitter. I usually use MAC's Blackened Red Reflects or Urban Decay FX in a purpley colour, which I think is Grift. I use other glitters, as well. I have teensy bits of several different colors.

Speaking of glitter eyeliners, I find UD Glitter Liner (I have the purpley color) works well over mascara which has already dried.
I received MAC Pinkphonic Glitter Liner in a swap, & I love it, as well.
I either use these

liners alone, or I swipe their brushes into my glitter-of-the-moment,
for a combined, dazzling effect, across the lashes.
winkiss.gif

False lashes with glitter would be great fun!
Otherwise, I need to save any available funds for
other cosmetic lusts.

With a do-it-thyself method, not only do ya' save money, but
you can glitter your lashes up as subtly or as Dramatically as you please.
smiles.gif

Oh...I love be-jeweling random lash tips....uuummm...
off I go into another cosmetic revery...

xxxCherylFaithxxx

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayustar
...Where is the friggen red eyeshadow or red glitter? Primary color Paint Pots *or any bases for that matter*

Yaaay for red bases!
smiles.gif
If you can get your hands on Delineate Fluidline, it may very well suit your needs. I know people are probably tired of hearing me talk about Delineate, but it is one of my top 3 MAC products. Sadly, it was discontinued before I was even aware of MAC....but you will occasionally see one on eBay, from reputable sellers.
I'm sure MAC has made other bases in the red family, but I don't own them, & can't recall their names right now (but please let me know, somebody, so I can start yearning for them.)

Another red-family eye shadow idea is: use a blush.
winks.gif

But I know MAC has several red -family eye shadows. I don't own many of MAC's shadows, but I do have Mi'Lady and Hot Contrast, both of which make interesting red-family colours... uuummm...yummies...

MAC experts on here can lead you to more eye shadows and to glitters.

Quote:
I have a ton of things I would love to see MAC do, but yeah...that is just one person.

Why not research to see whether or not your ideas have been composed in the past, & if not, how about writing them a letter, describing what you'd like to see?

xxCFxx

Ayustar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa
I LOVE ~Glitter~ in my Mascara!
smiles.gif

I don't actually see a need to buy a glittery mascara.
I am a proud member of The Drugstore Mascara Society, &
I regularly add glitter to my mascara.

I swipe glitter either on my top eyeliner, and/or
*anywhere* on my lashes. OhMyGoddess...it's so much fun!!!
smiles.gif

I add the glitter either:

1) when the mascara is newly applied, or

2) with an eyeliner brush, 1st dipped lightly into Blacktrack Fluidline
(any similar product would work, like a gel liner,I'm sure; I usually match it to my mascara color, which is ~always~ black. I know this could work with other colors, as well.)

Since I can't afford to buy more brushes right now, I often use the brush from a LiquidLast Liner which has dried out. I dip it into the Fluildine, & then into the glitter, either lightly or heavily.
You can make yourself a jewel-encrusted eye this way,
like a band of liner/glitter across the base of your lashes.
Makes me feel like a queen.
winks.gif

I love the feel of dipping the brush into the glitter. I usually use MAC's Blackened Red Reflects or Urban Decay FX in a purpley colour, which I think is Grift. I use other glitters, as well. I have teensy bits of several different colors.

Speaking of glitter eyeliners, I find UD Glitter Liner (I have the purpley color) works well over mascara which has already dried.
I received MAC Pinkphonic Glitter Liner in a swap, & I love it, as well.
I either use these

liners alone, or I swipe their brushes into my glitter-of-the-moment,
for a combined, dazzling effect, across the lashes.
winkiss.gif

False lashes with glitter would be great fun!
Otherwise, I need to save any available funds for
other cosmetic lusts.

With a do-it-thyself method, not only do ya' save money, but
you can glitter your lashes up as subtly or as Dramatically as you please.
smiles.gif

Oh...I love be-jeweling random lash tips....uuummm...
off I go into another cosmetic revery...

xxxCherylFaithxxx

Thanks for the suggestions! I am going to try that since I have a TON of glitter. I have all the stuff to do that with too. I could use Wonderwhite Glitter Liner or Peacocky Glitter Liner too. I have a ton of glitters. So that should be fun. It isn't that it didn't occur to me but sometimes I like product that I don't have to add things too...aka I am lazy hahaha. I think Givenchy had a glitter applicator just for mascara. It was really neat, but ultimately a waste because you can do all of the above with regular glitter and regular mascara.

I have Delineate...though, it just isn't what I want. It isn't red enough, it is more a rustic red. I want FRIGGEN Ferrari red! That is what they should call the Paint Pot: Friggen Ferrari Red. Or even Ferrari Yellow, it would be amazing. I know at the pro store they have Red Pigment and a Red Chromacake *probably not safe for eyes?* I have a couple of red eyeshadows from other companies, but they either are too pink or orange. The best one I have is from Ardene and I got that when I was a kid and it is all broken and there is barely any left. It works really well with a good base so I can't really complain, but I think it is a bit too pink after a while when I wear it. I have Flammable paint too so sometimes I use that eyeshadow over it. I was disappointed with the Mi' Lady MES because it was like Coppering and Cranberry got together and had a baby, not red enough!

I think if they made a new collection and called it Primary Colors, it would be awesome to theme it that way. Everything bright, matte and bold. I don't know if they have done anything like that in the past or even considered it. They should. I think it would sell so well that they would have a hard time keeping the shit stocked. Give us more unique things!!! Some of us aren't afraid of bold makeup or we like to experiment, I know I like to. The primary color paint pots and makeup almost seem like they should be a staple to me? How many looks could you create with bases like that? It is endless.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardprincesa

I'm sure MAC has made other bases in the red family, but I don't own them, & can't recall their names right now (but please let me know, somebody, so I can start yearning for them.)

If you don't have Flammable paint, you really should - and possibly sooner rather than later, as it's getting discontinued.
ssad.gif
The red half of Mi'Lady looks fantastic packed on over Flammable.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
If you don't have Flammable paint, you really should - and possibly sooner rather than later, as it's getting discontinued.
ssad.gif
The red half of Mi'Lady looks fantastic packed on over Flammable.

acutally, it's already discontinued! but it's still online (with the TOD)