MAC - Dazzle Lash Discussion

erine1881

Re: Dazzle Lash Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayustar
Where is the friggen red eyeshadow or red glitter?

at pro stores or thru the 800#.

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
If you don't have Flammable paint, you really should - and possibly sooner rather than later, as it's getting discontinued.
ssad.gif
The red half of Mi'Lady looks fantastic packed on over Flammable.

Omg. It so does look amazing!

xxManBeaterxx

I was hoping for gorgeous fake dramatic lashes with some oomph dazzleness for winter nights. But it sounds like mascara with some glitter, i guess it wouldnt be so bad to add on the tips of your lases :thumbsup:

frankenstain

Quote:
MAC really needs to go out on a limb with their stuff. I feel like they are being too conservative. Where is the friggen red eyeshadow or red glitter? Primary color Paint Pots *or any bases for that matter*

Why not Premeditated CCB?

I tried Flammable paint under Mi'Lady too its great.

lizardprincesa

I will obsess over Flammable all Day, thanks to all of you here.

I think I started dreaming about it last Night, since I read a few of these posts right before bed.

The words "No Buy" and "Wait" seem to have grown wings,
(I can't catch them! Come back here!)
& if you crane your head slightly up & to the left, you may see them, low-flying, in the Sky
along with the words "restraint," "self-control," and "bankrupt". grrrrr......

bigheart.gif
heart.gif
bigheart.gif
heart.gif

xxCherylFaithxx

*KT*

MAC marketing department sure does know how to get our attention! With some collection launches I feel like this is the way it works,

Step 1. Boring re-promote products.
Step 2. MAC marketing department gives it a hyped up intriguing collection name.
Step 3. We specktra members' imaginations go off and running at MACH3 and set ourselves up for a "Oh, well that sucks" moment.

In a way, I understand that I seriously can't handle a "wow" collection every two weeks and it'd be ridiculous to expect MAC to come up with so many new products at the rate of their launches... but in another way, sometimes a name gets me really worked up over nothing.

This is me... pre-coffee grumpy.
winks.gif

Ayustar

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstain
Why not Premeditated CCB?

I tried Flammable paint under Mi'Lady too its great.

I haven't seen the Premeditated CCB, I heard mixed reviews about them, that they crease? I have oily skin to begin with, so I am a bit leery on these, even though every time I see them at the counter I want to get them. Shell looks so pretty! I will have to give the Flammable thing another shot though. I am just really picky. I am a color whore I think. I love it. I don't mean to be a pain but I am one of those people who search for a perfect item or color. Right now, I am looking for a perfect true red and also I am looking for a vibrant green. I think Landscape Green Pigment is my way to go, I saw it on Zoffe and it looked amazing, just what I was going for. She did have some other things with it *I would buy them too haha* Either way, rambling...

When I say RED, I mean TRUE red, like a blue red, you know? Nothing too dark. Flammable is too dark. I have that already and I do love it to pieces but it's not a crazy automotive red. That is what I want. Something that cannot be mistaken for anything else. Sometimes if I wear Flammable with Mi' Lady it is more copper. Sometimes I get it to look way too orange or pink.

I think Kryolan might be my answer for now, or actually Makeup Forever. Who knows. I know the Pro Store has some stuff, they have the red pigment for sure, which should help. I want to see if I can get a hold of that. I don't remember seeing red glitter though, but I wouldn't be surprised. Man, wouldn't that be sweet-ass if you took the mixing medium for eyeliner and used that like a glitter liner, I think I would be addicted for weeks. I am going to have to look on the Pro website to see, and maybe get a small sample of it and maybe even the red pigment, too.

I want yellow, blue, white, green *a grass green paint pot!!!* I really want to get the Pharaoh paint pot but I gotta wait. So I would want all of these to be matte with crazy build able coverage.

Thanks for your help guys. I feel like I have kinda hijacked this thread though, so I feel bad haha. At least we are talking about makeup.

Yeah, with too many new things coming out, most of them seem to be more of the same, and really mundane stuff. Too many re-promotes. I hate it when something comes out and you see the line up and you already have like 50% of all of the products coming out. I guess it saves me money and helps people who don't already have those items but it is a bit disheartening for people who already have it.

I'm really curious about the Dazzlelash! I was told that it has the effect of Diorshow but with way more oompf to it... I've never used Diorshow though, so I'm clueless on that one.
Now I have (only) 3 of the MAC mascara's (pro longlash, X and plushlash) and it is the plushlash that does it for me, the other two are okay but no more than that.

So come on MAC!! Hit me with your best shot!!

Krasevayadancer

Lets see if we finally have a winning formula from mac. It would be awesome if mac could hop on the mascara wand tech bandwagon with something vibrating (like lancome) or innovatively shaped (like givenchy)

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Lets see if we finally have a winning formula from mac. It would be awesome if mac could hop on the mascara wand tech bandwagon with something vibrating (like lancome) or innovatively shaped (like givenchy)

I don't want my mascara to vibrate! Fun shapes are ok, though.
greengrin.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer

Vibrating? What have they come up with now... Need to check the website.

jardinaires

well when it comes to MAC mascara i will only be using fibre rich and plush lash. however if these are indeed glitter mascaras which i'm assuming they are, i might have to pick up a couple of them if they're in interesting colors, either glitter or actual mascara color.. no silver glitter for me thanks, maybe if there's some purple or heaven forbid turquoise.....
smiles.gif

stickles

Quote:

When I say RED, I mean TRUE red, like a blue red, you know? Nothing too dark. Flammable is too dark. I have that already and I do love it to pieces but it's not a crazy automotive red. That is what I want. Something that cannot be mistaken for anything else. Sometimes if I wear Flammable with Mi' Lady it is more copper. Sometimes I get it to look way too orange or pink.

I want yellow, blue, white, green *a grass green paint pot!!!* I really want to get the Pharaoh paint pot but I gotta wait. So I would want all of these to be matte with crazy build able coverage.

I just have to throw in my two cents here... I don't know about the US, but here in Asia (and the UK I believe), Shu Uemura has some beeeeautiful paint pot-like cream pots, and they come in, wait for it..... true crayola red, sunkist orange, yellow, black, and white (and matte to boot)! I bought the white one and I love how it brightens up my shadows and doesn't crease! I want to buy more, but I honestly don't know how often I'd use an opaque matte red paintpot. They've also got pearly ones, but I prefer the opacity of a matte base. I can't find the swatch of the red one online, but some of the others are here: Mostly Make Up: Shu Cream Eyeshadows

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
I just have to throw in my two cents here... I don't know about the US, but here in Asia (and the UK I believe), Shu Uemura has some beeeeautiful paint pot-like cream pots, and they come in, wait for it..... true crayola red, sunkist orange, yellow, black, and white (and matte to boot)! I bought the white one and I love how it brightens up my shadows and doesn't crease! I want to buy more, but I honestly don't know how often I'd use an opaque matte red paintpot. They've also got pearly ones, but I prefer the opacity of a matte base. I can't find the swatch of the red one online, but some of the others are here: Mostly Make Up: Shu Cream Eyeshadows

Gee, thanks, create some new lemmings why don't you!
winks.gif

KikiB

I love the idea of primary-coloured paint pots, but they CANNOT be matte...they must be frosty. Think like Dazzleglass in paint form.
th_LMAO.gif

Ayustar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
I love the idea of primary-coloured paint pots, but they CANNOT be matte...they must be frosty. Think like Dazzleglass in paint form.
th_LMAO.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles

Thank you so much!!! I have to check that out for sure.

I did a bit of digging around on the pro site. They seem to have some really kick ass CCB's but I have heard of them creasing. I have terribly oily skin *lucky me!* so I don't know how that will fly. I will buy a regular, non Pro CCB and try it to see if it is worth stocking up when I visit the Pro Store. There was a couple other things on there, like the red glitter and the red pigment that I was familiar with, I just didn't see the glitter the last time I was there, so I didn't think it existed. There are some eye shadows that make me weep at the Pro Store though, because they are so fantastic lol. It makes me only want to shop at the Pro Store but it is like 2 hours away and yeaaaah, lol. If I had a red paint pot or something like it, I would use it all the time, I think. Layering a blue over that would make a wicked purple as long as the shadow could cover the red without being chalky, depending on the finish of the eyeshadow.

Ah, for me, matte would be good but sparkly is also fine. I like both. Can I have both, that would be fine too!

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
th_LMAO.gif

Pffft. You crazy anti-matte!

blindpassion

Quote:

agree. Id love Matte primary color paint pots.
drooools.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
agree. Id love Matte primary color paint pots.
drooools.

I love mattes. They're so much more versatile - plus, you can always add glitter/frost to them as desired.

KikiB

Quote:

Mattes make me look like a corpse. They are a PITA to apply, they do not blend on me, and they don't shimmer. Adding shimmer or glitter to anything is way too much work for a lazyton like myself, so buy frosts, make Katie happy.
smiles.gif