MAC - Dazzle Lash Discussion

BunnyBunnyBunny

I would love assorted matte or satin finish paint pots.

I really HATE Rollickin's texture and that had this microglitter finish. It applied chunky and blotchy and not fun at all. =(

Ayustar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny

I really HATE Rollickin's texture and that had this microglitter finish. It applied chunky and blotchy and not fun at all. =(

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head with that one. That is why I didn't buy Rollickin'. It is a really pretty color but I swatched it and thought it was terrible. It would have made a great base for Aquadisiac, *sigh*.

A mixture of matte and shimmery primary Paint Pots would be fine, I could live with that, having both would make things more versatile and plus no one really wants to have to use 800 products to get a desired effect *maybe that is a lie*

MAC has just really gotten into the Paint Pot thing so maybe we will see more interesting things.

rbella

Rollickin' pisses me off. I like matte, satin, shimmer, anything!! But Rollickin? That was just all kinds of wrong.

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
Mattes make me look like a corpse. They are a PITA to apply, they do not blend on me, and they don't shimmer. Adding shimmer or glitter to anything is way too much work for a lazyton like myself, so buy frosts, make Katie happy.
smiles.gif

Not all mattes are jerks! It just seems that way if you stick exclusively to MAC!

Quote:

It's so sad, because it's such a pretty colour! I'm far too stubborn and own Rollickin' regardless, but I shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Rollickin' pisses me off. I like matte, satin, shimmer, anything!! But Rollickin? That was just all kinds of wrong.

It's a jerk.
ssad.gif

KikiB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanayhs
Not all mattes are jerks! It just seems that way if you stick exclusively to MAC!

Trust me, I do not stick exclusively to MAC-I've tried Lancome, MUFE, EL, Urban Decay, and a bajillion other brands-and it reinforces my statement.

Randy Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiB
Trust me, I do not stick exclusively to MAC-I've tried Lancome, MUFE, EL, Urban Decay, and a bajillion other brands-and it reinforces my statement.

I would beg to differ . . .

749093569_f29f3dd270.jpg

How's that for a matte blend!? I think I used four different matte greens there and chrome yellow.
winkiss.gif

KikiB

There's no changing my mind on the issue. Mattes do work for some people but for me, they do not have the definition that I need. Mattes make me look severely ill. They make my eyes themselves just look SO dull.

j_absinthe

Re: Dazzle Lash Discussion

Quote:
Omg. It so does look amazing!

Testify!

As far as glittery mascaras, I was looking at an Arabic beauty mag recently, and apparently Lancome released a black mascara with black micro-glitter that looked really cool.

If MAC-or any company for that matter-releases a glittery mascara, it's gotta be extremely fine glitter IMO. I don't want chunks of sparkle sitting on me or my clients' lashes looking like a microscopic disco pigeon shat on them.

igswonderworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella

true.gif
iagree.gif
puke.gif
I'm kicking myself all over for spending money on that bastard! (Pardon my french...)

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
I think I'm in the minority because I like Rollickin'! It was so worth it to me!

No
winkiss.gif
I like it, too!

burnerxo123

looks like dazzle lash is going to be a regular new mascara because i was reading temptaalia and day 6 of fashion week one of the facecharts has them using dazzle lash and all it looks like is black

tiramisu

Re: Dazzle Lash Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_absinthe
Testify!

As far as glittery mascaras, I was looking at an Arabic beauty mag recently, and apparently Lancome released a black mascara with black micro-glitter that looked really cool.

If MAC-or any company for that matter-releases a glittery mascara, it's gotta be extremely fine glitter IMO. I don't want chunks of sparkle sitting on me or my clients' lashes looking like a microscopic disco pigeon shat on them.

th_LMAO.gif

panther27

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnerxo123
looks like dazzle lash is going to be a regular new mascara because i was reading temptaalia and day 6 of fashion week one of the facecharts has them using dazzle lash and all it looks like is black

Oh well I am disappointed about that.But it is alright because I can just skip it,there is going to be a lot of beautiful holiday things coming out soon and I will already be spending money on that lol
thmbup.gif

rbella

Yeah, I actually don't mind skipping a collection for once. This could be very good for me!!

ehem...... =]

this is what i have heard..... straight from someone who has been in the presence of this new mascara........ (not me =[)

i was told that although it doesn't have any glitter it's a high patent formula....in other words....it's shiny as F**K!!!!!!! and i also heard that it's lykke plush lash on crack! so that sounds pretty dazzling to me.....

i myself.... don't think that a glittery mascara would work to well (for me)..... my reason???.... because although i heart the crap out of fibre rich.... it does, like on everyone else, FLAKE! and i would imagine that is exactly what would happen if dazzlelash had glitter in it!

also.... dazzlelash may also be a working name!!! mac use these a lot backstage.... and once the new products are released to the general public they are given a new and final name!.... i have had a lot of people come to counter looking for a colour that is in a magazine.... vogue for instance..... but i don't recognize, so i go and have a look in the update book and hey presto.... i find that colour's working and final name =]

but sometimes they don't, so it may very well be called "dazzlelash" =]

BadBadGirl

Glitter or not- I hope it works better than MAC's other mascaras. It is high time they put out a great one.

Now that I think about it, a shiny black patent color will be mush hotter than glitter. *fingers crossed*