MAC Illustrated discussion

princess sarah

I really hope for Mac's sake that the product has been reformulated. I saw them and they were a big hot mess!

If these are a big overhaul and alot better quality, I will be grabbing some. The colours sound so much up my alley, but not getting my hopes up just yet

Highly Charged - Rich purple with pink pearlized pigments
Brilliantly Lit - Bright acid yellow green
Switch to Blue - Rich Cobalt
Blacklit - Black with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments
Infra-Violet - Mid-tone pink violet with blue pearlized pigments
Fashion Circuit - Bright kelly green

mac_aiken

I have one of these and didn't get good results with it. Then I read and bookmarked a wonderful post by Liba on how she applies them. Worked like a charm. So much that I recently picked up the elusive Cool Elite at my local CCO. I will take a chance when these come out and try a new one.

By any chance is the is the Nordstrom Anniversary collection?

liba

I have one of these and didn't get good results with it. Then I read and bookmarked a wonderful post by Liba on how she applies them. Worked like a charm. So much that I recently picked up the elusive Cool Elite at my local CCO. I will take a chance when these come out and try a new one.

Cool Elite is seriously the best of the bunch too!

I'm happy that MAC is standing by the concept here - the texture is genius for older eyelids, even if it's the sort of thing that makes the colors themselves very unforgiving (either they work on your skin tone or they really don't, big time). It's also such a great base for sheer, glittery pigments and MES, since the rubbery finish grabs onto particles so well and smooths out the skin like a baby's butt.

Here's hoping the reformulation keeps the second skin, smoothing aspect and also the sheerness (or at least allows for sheer application as well as building up for opacity). Easier application is alway welcome and some of the new colors sound really cute - plus, I'm already into my BUs of a few of my favorite Big Bounces, so I'm ready for these for sure!

Mac-Guy

The Cool Elite was the only one sold out at my local CCO. Grrrrh. I still have a BU, but I'm not ready to break it in...

meg_curls

Could you post the link to this post? If there is anyway to get these to work I'd like to read before I try to pick some of these up

liba

Could you post the link to this post? If there is anyway to get these to work I'd like to read before I try to pick some of these up
See if you can search my posts in the Flighty thread from last year - I wrote some long-ass, detailed posts on applying Big Bounces.

Of course, these new reformulated ones could be totally different, but if you're heading to a CCO, see if you can find Cool Elite, Trophy, Luxury Touch, Count Your Assets or Up the Ante - those were some of the best, since they weren't all created equal. The two green ones were probably the worst and Black Diamond (although I use it a ton and am almost ready to crack open my BU) was harder to apply and worked best as a base. In fact, I'm looking forward to the new black one in Illustrated the most, since getting this formula just right in a black would be awesome!

ROlean

I think that the reactions in this thread are a good indication of why it's so important to get a product right the first time. So many people had a bad experience with the BB shadows the first time that it kills excitement for the "new & improved" formula.

I completely agree. Would much prefer a paintpot collection, but these colors sound amazing.

Rinstar

I didn't try these the first time around, but I am always up for "bright acid yellow green", so I may try that one :)

martiangurll

I was pretty stoked to see a bright, pure red creamsheen lipstick being offered...then a ORLY moment when I see Carbon promoted...again

skratikans

I would have bought them all if they came in paint pot form, now not so much! I'm dying for some new PP's and pigments.
I would love some new pp colors! I am all about pp's...I was crazy enough to buy last year's big bounce shadows...and it just sucks that they don't last ...they dry up in the pots...and I don't see the point of getting anymore of them if they have such as short lifespan..

Piarpreet

That's hard core, Pemily! You want paint pots BAD!

LOL!

th_rolleye0014.gif
VERY! i wouldnt give an eyelash for new PPs...even though i started loving then thanx to pixie dancer

singer82

Oh I so love paint pots. They can transform any kind of shadow. Unfortunatly I opened all of mine before Mac-Guy told us about opening them just a couple at a time. I have like 6 open, plus 4 MUFE aquacreams yikes. Still got my glitter and Ice p/p's in my fridge, it took all my will not to tear open those suckers just to take a peek. But I held my ground! Same with the Gareth Pugh Metal-X shadows.

Latest posts