MAC Illustrated discussion

Shellcat

Hahahaha!

Leven, you always crack me up with the 'extra something' in your posts.
girlhaha.gif

I just got some older paints from back in the day at a little makeup garage sale my friend was having. All I can say is Mac needs more paints in the permanent lineup because they are amazing. Especially the color Flammable (a true red with a hint of burgundy and shimmer). I tried it the other day with some warm golds on top...

PixieDancer

Pemily, I would love to see swatches if you have time. I am torn between Bare Canvas and Sublime Nature? NC30/35 here.

Thanks!
Ok, Pemily... If my Skin Twin wants to see swatches I better chime in and request them too! Lord knows if she buys one, her psychic makeup spell casting will lure me in as well!
Thanks for the offer girl!! YOU ROCK!!

Shellcat

Checked them out on the site... I kinda like Sublime Nature. May order that one with the Hey, Sailor! haul.

Ok, Pemily... If my Skin Twin wants to see swatches I better chime in and request them too! Lord knows if she buys one, her psychic makeup spell casting will lure me in as well!
Thanks for the offer girl!! YOU ROCK!!

MzFit

I hope they do a good job at refomulating them something like chanel's illusion d'ombre formula would have me pick up a few in a heart beat.

Pinkdollface

I only have Flammable and i need to use it more often. The combo with golds on top sounds very nice, thanks for the tip:)
I just got some older paints from back in the day at a little makeup garage sale my friend was having. All I can say is Mac needs more paints in the permanent lineup because they are amazing. Especially the color Flammable (a true red with a hint of burgundy and shimmer). I tried it the other day with some warm golds on top...

pemily

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/78029561@N05/7170517730/ http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/78029561@N05/7170543458/ As promised my paint pics :) One smoothed out slightly xx!

pemily

The reason I think I didn't get bare canvas was because to me it was too much like painterly... Untitled is prob my fave maccina :)

MACina

Thank you for the swatches pemily!

Untitled looks very pretty....I think you just enabled me to get it!
The reason I think I didn't get bare canvas was because to me it was too much like painterly... Untitled is prob my fave maccina :)

rockin

I keep forgetting I have a couple of paints tucked away somewhere, as yet unused. I should really dig them out and give them a try

Swirlgirl

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MAC Paints. They are my all time favorite MAC product (Pigments are a close second).
It is really too bad that all the fun colors have been d/c. Paint Pots are nice too, but there is something magical about those little tubes of awesome-ness.
The Laura Mercier eye creams in the paint like tubes are pretty awesome as well (albeit they are all neutral colors), but I really, really like the new summer matte ones (i bought the grey and the aqua and they are lovely and not sheer like their name implies).

Anyway, back to the topic. I don't dislike the Big Bounces, but I do wish they came in packaging other than the pots. Although there is a TON of product in the pot, considering the itty bitty amount needed, it seems like there should be a better way to package these things.

If this is the Nordies collection (and I'm pretty sure it is), I may end up skipping. For some reason the Nordies only collections kind of annoy me.

Prettypackages

You and these gifs!!!! Love it!

Pinkdollface

Sublime Nature could be my favorite...paint
excellent! pretty soon you will have them all. I now grab them up anytime I go clearance bin hunting. I really wish they'd make more. Maybe if we start with the please, please, please, please, please, please, please until the MAC gods give in.
I love how they are still nice and creamy even when they haven't gotten any love in months.
I'll try to help...please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please...let's hope it works.