MAC Moody Blooms Collection (June 26, 2014)

MACina

Macina, my friend your post describes my feelings!
yahoo.gif
friends.gif

MissBeautyBunni

Good morning! Thanks for putting up a thread for this!

So, this isn't Mineralize! In fact, there isn't a Mineralize scheduled in this quarter. I guess the repackaging of the perm line with the additional MSF repros (and 2 new MBs) plus MSFs sprinkled around in Kelly & Sharon is how it's going down.

This is a color collection including regular eyeshadows, f/ls, blush and Sheen Supremes. Worldy Wealth blush is back. That's a nice one. The colors sound really nice for the SSs - including a "deep blue violet" that's supposed to be really dark. Don't all scream again at once. I for one am a SS fan, so no holding back for me.

Shadows include plenty of VPs, including a repromote of Deep Fixation (the best brown in town, lol - I just wanted to rhyme, it's not exactly brown, but it's the best - verrrrry pleased to see this return), deep teal that's supposed to be really nice, deep aubergine, darkened chartreuse. This summer is not about pastels, that's for sure. The fluidlines are supposed to be really nice, including blackened green and blackened plum shades.

What with the incredibly early leaks of AA and Malificent, who knows if promo pictures will be as easily forthcoming for this one, but there's a dark, jungly, gothic vibe. Should be very fun, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I was surprised I heard about all of this so early - normally that doesn't happen. So, I feel a little extra snitchy.
sweatdrop.gif
Here's to our usual color story folks popping back up soon.
I'M ALL IN!!
yahoo.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ok, I was ready to skip a mineralize collection, but now I'm in. Sounds amazing and original!

Rinstar

Hmmmm, well I'm torn. I love the big summer mineralize collection, so I'm sad there won't be one. However, I do love a Sheen Supreme, Black Ivy is a must have (I'm loving fluidlines in general right now, glad they are having a moment), and some of the e/s sound excellent too. Count me in for the All Hallows Eve collection, ugh that would be amazing.

bluelitzer

The fluidlines in this collection sound amazing and I love MAC F/L more than Bobbie Brown gel liners (those dried up on me in just 2 months). But have Past Twilight from Divine Night and I've just gotten the 2 Fantasy of Flowers fluidlines and I don't want to keep too many of them open as I want to go through what I have before buying a new one.

liba

The fluidlines in this collection sound amazing and I love MAC F/L more than Bobbie Brown gel liners (those dried up on me in just 2 months). But have Past Twilight from Divine Night and I've just gotten the 2 Fantasy of Flowers fluidlines and I don't want to keep too many of them open as I want to go through what I have before buying a new one.
FWIW, I've got quite a few open f/l and even my oldest one, from the days before I was really collecting makeup, is still just fine. I keep them in their boxes and then in another box that snaps shut tightly and doesn't let in light. That gets stored on a cool, dark shelf. I've got a couple that are in more constant use that I will keep in a makeup bag or train case, not always in their own box, but those are not drying out either and they're a pushing 2 years old now and are more than half gone. The main thing is, when I'm using them, I load up my brush once and then immediately close the jar. When I need a second brush load for the other eye, I'll just open the jar up for the moment. Then when I'm all done, I make sure the jar is closed as tight as possible. I don't know if this matters or not, but I also like to take product from the jar in a very thin layer and try to use the whole surface of the gel completely, rather than digging down into one spot jaggedly. I figure, the less surface area, the better.

DarylandCarole

Good morning! Thanks for putting up a thread for this! So, this isn't Mineralize! In fact, there isn't a Mineralize scheduled in this quarter. I guess the repackaging of the perm line with the additional MSF repros (and 2 new MBs) plus MSFs sprinkled around in Kelly & Sharon is how it's going down. This is a color collection including regular eyeshadows, f/ls, blush and Sheen Supremes. Worldy Wealth blush is back. That's a nice one. The colors sound really nice for the SSs - including a "deep blue violet" that's supposed to be really dark. Don't all scream again at once. I for one am a SS fan, so no holding back for me.  Shadows include plenty of VPs, including a repromote of Deep Fixation (the best brown in town, lol - I just wanted to rhyme, it's not exactly brown, but it's the best - verrrrry pleased to see this return), deep teal that's supposed to be really nice, deep aubergine, darkened chartreuse. This summer is not about pastels, that's for sure. The fluidlines are supposed to be really nice, including blackened green and blackened plum shades.  What with the incredibly early leaks of AA and Malificent, who knows if promo pictures will be as easily forthcoming for this one, but there's a dark, jungly, gothic vibe. Should be very fun, as far as I'm concerned.  Also, I was surprised I heard about all of this so early - normally that doesn't happen. So, I feel a little extra snitchy. :sweat:  Here's to our usual color story folks popping back up soon.
Omg! This sounds fabulous! I'm so happy to see regular e/s. I also love SS. Now I'm thinking this and AA are going to be my big buys. Teal e/s? Swoon! :eyelove: Going to have to think about if I really need anything from Playland.

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
I don't like the Sheen Supreme formula for every single color, because sometimes I prefer brights in a less glossy formula. I skipped the Huggables brights too, btw. SS is pretty much the Huggable style, without the extra moisturizing and a bit less of the stained glass effect. They cost less too. Some of my all time favorite colors are Sheen Supremes, though, including Sheer Mandarin (which I just realized is off the website - grrrrr, that is an awesome yellow-orange that almost but not quite turns nude.gonna have to track a BU down).
You would love Asian Flower, which is a very good (not pink) lavender!

Sadly the two Sheen Supremes i bought change color on me. Asian Flower starts lavender and turns fuchsia - i love lavender, but i am not a fan of me in fuchsia. Blossom Culture becomes a pinky peach, which is ok for me. But i'm concerned that other Sheen Supremes will change color on me, too.

bluelitzer

FWIW, I've got quite a few open f/l and even my oldest one, from the days before I was really collecting makeup, is still just fine. I keep them in their boxes and then in another box that snaps shut tightly and doesn't let in light. That gets stored on a cool, dark shelf. I've got a couple that are in more constant use that I will keep in a makeup bag or train case, not always in their own box, but those are not drying out either and they're a pushing 2 years old now and are more than half gone. The main thing is, when I'm using them, I load up my brush once and then immediately close the jar. When I need a second brush load for the other eye, I'll just open the jar up for the moment. Then when I'm all done, I make sure the jar is closed as tight as possible. I don't know if this matters or not, but I also like to take product from the jar in a very thin layer and try to use the whole surface of the gel completely, rather than digging down into one spot jaggedly. I figure, the less surface area, the better.
Ah, thanks for sharing those awesome storage tips for F/Ls! Dunno how much cosmetics I would have wasted if it weren't for you MAC gurus here on Specktra! Mwah.
kissy.gif

liba

Sadly the two Sheen Supremes i bought change color on me. Asian Flower starts lavender and turns fuchsia - i love lavender, but i am not a fan of me in fuchsia. Blossom Culture becomes a pinky peach, which is ok for me. But i'm concerned that other Sheen Supremes will change color on me, too.
That's a drag. Lipsticks changing color on me would drive me batty. You could maybe try one in the store and just sit around for a while to see if it changed before you bought it? I know the Patentpolish Pencils shift their color slightly when they set on me, but I only have to wait a couple of minutes for that.

busybee

The deep blue violet sheen supreme lipstick piques my interest. I'd love to see what the other lipstick colors are since they're supposed to be deep and I'm on a bit of a "vampy" kick.

Rinstar

This thread inspired me to wear a SS today. I wore Gotta Dash and was reminded of how much I like it!

KiKi Kontour

OctoberViolet, Asian Flower is very pretty. I think it may be the only Sheen Supreme lippie I have. Check out my swatch in post # 3515.

http://www.specktra.net/t/182266/mac-baking-beauties-collection-april-2013/3510
thanx becuz i added AF on the list trying to remember if it's like LW!! yeeea i dnt need AF then lol.

Im curious to see what will become of this collection!! when i think of aubergdine (or whatever) my mind automatically goes for NARS TRAIN BLEU color. i loooove SS's. i think i may have like 4 of em: sheer mandarin, soulfully rich, behave yourself, look at her which reminds me to break em out n use em lol

singer82

Thankfully just the shadows have peaked my interest so far, esp since they are VP's! And love the sound of the f/ls as well. Sounds like a wonderful collection. Thanks for the info as usual Liba!
bouquet.gif