MAC Spring Trend Lip Palette Discussion

baghdad81

I debated going to the Pro store today on my lunch break but the weather kept me indoors.  After reading and re-reading this thread and drooling over the pictures and descriptions I think I'm going to head out tomorrow even if there's a blizzard!  LOL

the weather was all sorts of sucktackular today that i didn't even want to go to work!

Leeny

the weather was all sorts of sucktackular today that i didn't even want to go to work!
Looks like I'm going eat my words about going out in a blizzard today to get this palette. I still may do it for the adventure. LOL

baghdad81

Looks like I'm going eat my words about going out in a blizzard today to get this palette.  I still may do it for the adventure.  LOL
Do it!!! I am going to Queen St myself the bay is holding redhead and azalea blossom for me!

Mac-Guy

Do not copy or link these reviews or images to any other blog or discussion forum w/o my explicit permission!

Make Me Melt features a Cremesheen finish of a very light pink.

MMM is the lightest shade in the palette and I would describe the color as a milky soft ice cream strawberry pink. It is noticeably more cool-toned than the previous shades that I reviewed, though I do not detect any blue undertones. The pink has a milky quality, which makes the cooler soft and muted, but it does not look dead on the lips. It is much paler than Naked Bliss Mattene, though due to the "soft ice cream" character and the subtle sheen, it looks fresher than NB, which can look slightly dead on certain complexions. IMO, this MMM works best applied evenly in a thicker (not cakey!) layer, in which case it looks still very fresh and not overly done. Alternatively, - and that's how I like it - I apply a thin layer with the 195, pad it down with my finger and apply a hint of Marcel Wanders Beatrix l/g in the center, which gives an ultra-natural modern look, in which only the center part of the lip is highlighted whereas the rest of the lip appears to be light and matte. If you want to bring out the cool hues, try it with Japanese Spring for a glossy look or if you want to add subtle sparkle, Vacant l/g from Gareth Pugh is just divine. The microglitter in Vacant are just enough to give MMM more oompf but let it still look very natural.

As MMM is the lightest shade, it can easily be used to brighten up any of the other colors in the palette, especially as the color is rather neutral, neither too cool nor too warm. Mind you, don't start mixing colors in the palette itself (as shown in the promo pic); this will just result in a messed up and yucky palette. Take a spatula or a separate brush to blend the colors on the back of your hand or on a mixing palette. Again, this shade is rather creamy, so blending should be a piece of cake.

I can see MMM as an everyday color for many complexions as I still classify it as a nude color due to it's muted hues. While it is a light nude, it is very wearable.
heart2.gif

For comparison: Naked Bliss (l), Make Me Melt (r)

Another Make Me Melt swatch (r) next to a Fully Ripe stain (l). Fully Ripe (l) stains like there is no tomorrow: You can still see the stain 24 later, despite taking two showers, a workout session, and Goodness-knows how many times I washed my hand.

Mac-Guy

I know how you feel! I blame MAC Guy for about 25% of my purchases! (and the rest of Specktra for another 50%)

peace2.gif
Now I wish I would get commission. LOL

As always, I only review what I truly believe in and what I think is worth to spend money on. I wouldn't buy or review a product unless I'm totally fond of it. Luckily, I'm just passionate about certain products, but not a machine that reviews everything that comes out. But this palette is worth the $$$$. Happy hauling, guys.

Leeny

Do it!!! I am going to Queen St myself the bay is holding redhead and azalea blossom for me!
Nice! I think I'm going to call the Pro store first to check that they have one to sell to me, if it's out of stock I can stay indoors instead. :)

Leeny

I called the Pro store on Queen St and was told that the palette was only avaialble online from the pro website for $45 Cdn. *scratches head* If it wasn't so snowy and cold out I would head there anyway but looks like I'll be staying indoors. I'll be skipping this unless it ends up in store somehow. I'll begin the hunt for dupes and a portable palette...

baghdad81

I called the Pro store on Queen St and was told that the palette was only avaialble online from the pro website for $45 Cdn.  *scratches head*  If it wasn't so snowy and cold out I would head there anyway but looks like I'll be staying indoors.  I'll be skipping this unless it ends up in store somehow.  I'll begin the hunt for dupes and a portable palette...
Lame-O....they told me they were getting it in stock last time i checked with them on NYE....Anyhoo....money saved...am not gonna kill myself for it...45$ is a lot of dough! :2cents: just out of of curiosity Mac-Guy, are the individuals the same "size" as the regular lipsticks? Is it the same amount?

Leeny

Lame-O....they told me they were getting it in stock last time i checked with them on NYE....Anyhoo....money saved...am not gonna kill myself for it...45$ is a lot of dough!
2cents.gif
just out of of curiosity Mac-Guy, are the individuals the same "size" as the regular lipsticks? Is it the same amount?
Same here, not going to go through lots of effort to get it. I actually went out on my lunch and got a Quo lip palette from Shoppers Drug Mart ($18) to play around with. :)

LMD84

Do not copy or link these reviews or images to any other blog or discussion forum w/o my explicit permission!

Make Me Melt features a Cremesheen finish of a very light pink.

MMM is the lightest shade in the palette and I would describe the color as a milky soft ice cream strawberry pink. It is noticeably more cool-toned than the previous shades that I reviewed, though I do not detect any blue undertones. The pink has a milky quality, which makes the cooler soft and muted, but it does not look dead on the lips. It is much paler than Naked Bliss Mattene, though due to the "soft ice cream" character and the subtle sheen, it looks fresher than NB, which can look slightly dead on certain complexions. IMO, this MMM works best applied evenly in a thicker (not cakey!) layer, in which case it looks still very fresh and not overly done. Alternatively, - and that's how I like it - I apply a thin layer with the 195, pad it down with my finger and apply a hint of Marcel Wanders Beatrix l/g in the center, which gives an ultra-natural modern look, in which only the center part of the lip is highlighted whereas the rest of the lip appears to be light and matte. If you want to bring out the cool hues, try it with Japanese Spring for a glossy look or if you want to add subtle sparkle, Vacant l/g from Gareth Pugh is just divine. The microglitter in Vacant are just enough to give MMM more oompf but let it still look very natural.

As MMM is the lightest shade, it can easily be used to brighten up any of the other colors in the palette, especially as the color is rather neutral, neither too cool nor too warm. Mind you, don't start mixing colors in the palette itself (as shown in the promo pic); this will just result in a messed up and yucky palette. Take a spatula or a separate brush to blend the colors on the back of your hand or on a mixing palette. Again, this shade is rather creamy, so blending should be a piece of cake.

I can see MMM as an everyday color for many complexions as I still classify it as a nude color due to it's muted hues. While it is a light nude, it is very wearable.
heart2.gif

For comparison: Naked Bliss (l), Make Me Melt (r)

Another Make Me Melt swatch (r) next to a Fully Ripe stain (l). Fully Ripe (l) stains like there is no tomorrow: You can still see the stain 24 later, despite taking two showers, a workout session, and Goodness-knows how many times I washed my hand.
you're making me want this palette so much!!! such a beautiful colour that you mixed!

Mac-Guy

This one is actually not mixed. It is Make Me Melt straight from the pan. However, the possibilities of mixing are endless. I still assume that the palette eventually will become available to non-Pro members - at least I hope so!

Mac-Guy

My knowledge of lavender and purple shades is rather limited, thus I will not compare Louder Lilac with another other lippies. However, more power to those who have lots of lavender shades and probably have a better knowledge how it compares to other shades that are available. I'd love to hear your opinion.

Louder Lilac is an Amplified finish that has more sheen to it than the other shades in the palette. Due to the finish, it is very easy to apply and you don't need super powers to achieve an even application on the lips; there is no streakiness or settling into lip lines as the color is mostly opaque.

I would describe LL as a cool-toned pale lavender that has a pastel character with a noticeable sheen. At certain angles, it almost looks like it has some microglitter as it is very light-reflective. While I do not wear any lavender colors - except for Vacant l/g
heart2.gif
- on my lips, I have to admit that LL is a very youthful shade: it's vibrant but not loud (despite it's name); it's opaque but not cakey; it's pale but not deadly pale. If you are an avid fan of lavender, this shade should probably not miss in your stash, especially during Spring. It is certainly cool-toned, so if you are a pale beauty, this might be well your HG lavender shade just based on the texture and how comfortable it sits on the lips. It slightly stained my lips, which I found surprising given how light the color appears in the pan and on the lips.

Louder Lilac

OctoberViolet

eyelove.gif
heart.gif
heart2.gif
bigheart.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif
th_drool.gif

I think the above says it all. Tx Mac-Guy!

My knowledge of lavender and purple shades is rather limited, thus I will not compare Louder Lilac with another other lippies. However, more power to those who have lots of lavender shades and probably have a better knowledge how it compares to other shades that are available. I'd love to hear your opinion.

Louder Lilac is an Amplified finish that has more sheen to it than the other shades in the palette. Due to the finish, it is very easy to apply and you don't need super powers to achieve an even application on the lips; there is no streakiness or settling into lip lines as the color is mostly opaque.

I would describe LL as a cool-toned pale lavender that has a pastel character with a noticeable sheen. At certain angles, it almost looks like it has some microglitter as it is very light-reflective. While I do not wear any lavender colors - except for Vacant l/g
heart2.gif
- on my lips, I have to admit that LL is a very youthful shade: it's vibrant but not loud (despite it's name); it's opaque but not cakey; it's pale but not deadly pale. If you are an avid fan of lavender, this shade should probably not miss in your stash, especially during Spring. It is certainly cool-toned, so if you are a pale beauty, this might be well your HG lavender shade just based on the texture and how comfortable it sits on the lips. It slightly stained my lips, which I found surprising given how light the color appears in the pan and on the lips.

Louder Lilac

martiangurll

That does it, next CP I get this palette. I love all the colors, but it is the Amplified Finish that is tipping me over. I
bigheart.gif
amplified and AC finish

MACcrazy

MAC GUY!!!!!!! Damnit at first I didn't think this would appeal to me as I don't use the two lip pallets I have, but the colors are so freaking amazing that now I'm going to go insane if I DON'T get this! I'm not a pro, so I have a few questions as I have never ordered from mac pro before. 1) is this online only or can you order through a store? 2) how much does the pallet cost (sorry if these were already posted but I didn't see them originally and glad to have people on specktra like you guys who are so nice to answer questions like these!)
flower.gif
Oh and I'm a NW15-20, so if there are any pro products that are a must have (and if they have something like free shipping with over $50 or something like online) I may pick up a few more things so any recommendations would be perfect!!!! TIA!

Mac-Guy

MAC GUY!!!!!!! Damnit at first I didn't think this would appeal to me as I don't use the two lip pallets I have, but the colors are so freaking amazing that now I'm going to go insane if I DON'T get this! I'm not a pro, so I have a few questions as I have never ordered from mac pro before. 1) is this online only or can you order through a store? 2) how much does the pallet cost (sorry if these were already posted but I didn't see them originally and glad to have people on specktra like you guys who are so nice to answer questions like these!)
flower.gif
Oh and I'm a NW15-20, so if there are any pro products that are a must have (and if they have something like free shipping with over $50 or something like online) I may pick up a few more things so any recommendations would be perfect!!!! TIA!

It's 38 USD. To be honest, I don't know about ordering for "regular" customers, but I would inquire with MAC directly. I'm sure there is a way to get it.

As for specific products to order from Pro... it depends what you are after. I believe there are threads on Pro products, so maybe browse there and see if you find something. Personally, I like the Pro Set powder in Porcelain for NW15-20 skin.

martiangurll

It's 38 USD. To be honest, I don't know about ordering for "regular" customers, but I would inquire with MAC directly. I'm sure there is a way to get it.

As for specific products to order from Pro... it depends what you are after. I believe there are threads on Pro products, so maybe browse there and see if you find something. Personally, I like the Pro Set powder in Porcelain for NW15-20 skin.

If you know a PRO member they can order it for you? I have a friendly lady who does a CP for me once in a while. I would bet anyone who really wanted one could request a CP in the Clearance Bin of Specktra and get one like that.

LMD84

This one is actually not mixed. It is Make Me Melt straight from the pan. However, the possibilities of mixing are endless. I still assume that the palette eventually will become available to non-Pro members - at least I hope so!
i'd like to think so because i do think i'd splash some of my cash on this. the colours all look very flattering and i think they'd suit my skintone nicely :) here's me keeping my fingers crossed! :)

MACcrazy

i'd like to think so because i do think i'd splash some of my cash on this. the colours all look very flattering and i think they'd suit my skintone nicely :) here's me keeping my fingers crossed! :)
I'll be right with ya lou!