MAC Spring Trend Lip Palette Discussion

Mac-Guy

If you know a PRO member they can order it for you? I have a friendly lady who does a CP for me once in a while. I would bet anyone who really wanted one could request a CP in the Clearance Bin of Specktra and get one like that.

It is actually illegal for Pro member to resell merchandise!

To quote from the guidelines: "Product purchased by M·A·C PRO Members using the discount benefit are for the cardholders' personal and professional use only and may not be resold under any circumstance. [...] In the event that the M·A·C PRO Membership card is used in a manner which violates program guidelines, M·A·C reserves the right to cancel the membership, render the card inactive and revoke membership privileges."

So if a Pro member makes CP's, this Pro member is not only jeopardizing his or her membership, they also damage the price politics for Pro and non-Pro members. That's not cool at all and I sincerely hope that any Pro member to does abuse this privilege will be caught and their membership revoked for good - especially if they try to make a profit out of it! Please not that I am not referring to anybody in particular, I just want a fair treatment for all.

Having said that, if you want the palette, I would contact MAC Pro and ask them how you can purchase it at this point in time. I still believe (hope!) that they will make the palette available to regular customers, so everybody can enjoy this great product. I hope this helps!

UrbanSweetheart

Do not copy or link these images to any other blog or discussion forum w/o my explicit permission!

Apologies that it seems to take me much longer to upload swatches and reviews. It's terribly overcast weather in New England and it's hard to photograph anything in natural light.
soooo beautiful!
heart.gif
thanks for the pic Mac-Guy!

martiangurll

It is actually illegal for Pro member to resell merchandise!

To quote from the guidelines: "Product purchased by M·A·C PRO Members using the discount benefit are for the cardholders' personal and professional use only and may not be resold under any circumstance. [...] In the event that the M·A·C PRO Membership card is used in a manner which violates program guidelines, M·A·C reserves the right to cancel the membership, render the card inactive and revoke membership privileges."

So if a Pro member makes CP's, this Pro member is not only jeopardizing his or her membership, they also damage the price politics for Pro and non-Pro members. That's not cool at all and I sincerely hope that any Pro member to does abuse this privilege will be caught and their membership revoked for good - especially if they try to make a profit out of it! Please not that I am not referring to anybody in particular, I just want a fair treatment for all.

Having said that, if you want the palette, I would contact MAC Pro and ask them how you can purchase it at this point in time. I still believe (hope!) that they will make the palette available to regular customers, so everybody can enjoy this great product. I hope this helps!
Oh, I didn't know it wasn't allowed! I won't ask her to order a palette, or any more CP as I don't want her to lose her privileges...open mouth and remove foot please.

I can do a phone order for the palette, since I am nowhere near a Pro store (or any real civilization, but we won't go into that) if they let a regular Betty like me do it...

Richelle83

Not sure how strict they are with it considering so many evilbayers sell things before regular customers can purchase them. This is one thing that does irritate me about MAC, do they think the average doesn't have use for a lip palette? So many other companies offer them to us why not MAC?

Mac-Guy

Not sure how strict they are with it considering so many evilbayers sell things before regular customers can purchase them. This is one thing that does irritate me about MAC, do they think the average doesn't have use for a lip palette? So many other companies offer them to us why not MAC?

If they catch them, they will certainly revoke their membership, but the problem is how to actually catch them.

LMD84

here is a possibly silly questions from me - do we know when this is coming to the uk? and if it is already here am i able to call up pro and ask for it like i can other pro items even though i am not a member?

MACcrazy

I asked about if anyone can order the it or if its just for pros:
Alyssa: Hi, I was wondering if the Spring Trend Lip Palette available on the pro site will be available to the general public or not.
Marci: Hi Alyssa. The Srping Trend Lip Palette is only available through MAC Pro. However, you can order the palette, you just won't receive the Pro discount.
Alyssa: Ok thanks!
Marci: To place an order, please call the MAC toll-free phone number, which is: 1-800-387-6707 and is available Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm and Fridays, from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (Eastern Time) or visit a MAC Pro Store in person.

Good news for non-pro members!
yahoo.gif

OctoberViolet

Tx for the info MACcrazy!!! That's more information than the three MUA gave me when I went in person to a Pro store.
ohboy.gif

Marci: To place an order, please call the MAC toll-free phone number, which is: 1-800-387-6707 and is available Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 pm and Fridays, from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (Eastern Time) or visit a MAC Pro Store in person.

Good news for non-pro members!
yahoo.gif

Mac-Guy

Well this is good news. Is it an LE item?

For sure. It's the Spring Trend Palette, so I guess it will be gone for good once it sells out. I hope MAC continues to release these palettes as they are a great way to have six trendy shades and actually use them up within a season. My Preferred Pink already has a big dip in it. Ooops.

Richelle83

For sure. It's the Spring Trend Palette, so I guess it will be gone for good once it sells out. I hope MAC continues to release these palettes as they are a great way to have six trendy shades and actually use them up within a season. My Preferred Pink already has a big dip in it. Ooops.

That's all I needed to know!

Mac-Guy

Do not copy or link these reviews or images to any other blog or discussion forum w/o my explicit permission!

Here is the final color review:

Pulse has an Amplified finish and swatches as a bright pink with magenta undertones. The finish is lovely and for those you like louder colors, Pulse will be a very en vogue color for the Spring. Despite Pulse looking quite dark in the pan, where it has more of a magenta tone, it swatches lighter and more pink on my NW15-20 skin and medium-pigmented lips. It's not a shade that I would personally wear, but I believe that it would look lovely on those who can pull off brighter colors. Pulse will most likely stain your skin, so I expect this shade to be rather longwearing - at least in the "stain department." The color is very vibrant, but it is by no means a neon or acid pink. In fact, I think it is a great office color if you want to be more daring but not overly loud. Due to the amplified finish, it's very easy to pick up from the pan with a lip brush (316, 318) or any stiffer synthetic brush (e.g. the 195).

PixieDancer

Oh how our little lip palette discovery has blossomed! Thanks for starting this thread Mac Guy and giving it a place for the love it deserves. I still haven't used the lilac or orange shades, but I look forward to playing & mixing more as the weather warms up for Spring. Hope everyone who wants one can get it! Afterall there's a little "Pro" in all of us! winkwink