Nail Art Stamping

S.S.BlackOrchid

I have one and it doesn't work at all. I've tried it wet, dry, in between, scraping the stamper a bit...
ssad.gif
I'd appreciate any tips or tricks because the designs are so pretty.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.BlackOrchid
I have one and it doesn't work at all. I've tried it wet, dry, in between, scraping the stamper a bit...
ssad.gif
I'd appreciate any tips or tricks because the designs are so pretty.

Ok. When I first got it I tried it and failed horribly. The design wouldn't transfer. The polish wouldn't show up. It was a mess. I left it alone for about a month. I recently picked it up again and love it.

1. What type of polish are you using? The Konad polishes work well because they are thicker but just about any polish will work. I will say that sheer polishes and glazes probably won't work that well.

2. Paint you polish onto the plate and then lightly scrape off the excess. Don't use a lot of pressure. You'll scratch up your plates and you'll also remove too much polish.

3. Try to vary the pressure you use on the stamper when you press on the plate. Depending on the design you can use very light pressure and some designs require a little more pressure to transfer properly. You can also try rolling or rocking the stamp onto the plate to pick up the design. And another thing to consider is what area of the stamper you are using to pick up the image. Play around with it.

BEA2LS

everyone's nails look so awesome! i want one so bad but am scared because my nails are soo short
ssad.gif

IDontKnowMomo

I just used this for the first time, but my nails look kind of poopy so I'll wait until I get better to take pics xD
I want to order more plates asap!

trincess

I got my Konad stamper and 6 palettes today! Although I've not really gotten around it yet, I just love it!

Here is my first stamping, the purple zebra look =D
z1.jpg

tracyann91

AAAHHHH - it's bad enough that this place is turning me into a MAC addict, but now I'm really wanting these too! I'm going to have to start working more hours!!!!!

NutMeg

Haha. There's a stand in a mall that my bf and I go to every once in a while, and last time we walked by it I subtly let him know that if he was stumped for a gift idea for me in the future that he could never go wrong with that.

He's a smart guy though. The one time he was thinking about buying me MAC he was going to get a brush because he didn't want to get me anything I already had.

jinxkat

I love the way it looks & have owned a Konad for quite awhile, but just don't have the patience to use it.

NeonKitten

just got the build your own kit in the mail today and tried it reall quick and i'm in love. can't wait to do more!

trincess

1-29.jpg

2-29.jpg

Pink Leopard =)
Used Hello Kitty Something About Pink, Konad Special Polish in Black, Konad Plate m57

trincess

3-25.jpg

1-31.jpg

5-18.jpg

Used Inglot Red Polish (Forgot the number, it's like any classic red creme polish) and Konad Special Polish in black, finally Konad Plate m63

tracyann91

OK - so I finally got some of these and I LOVE them. I even tried using regular polish, and it works fine if the pattern is small/narrow - like the fishnet pattern.

BUT - my questions is... I can't seem to perfect the process of stamping more than once and lining up the pattern for the second stamp so it doesn't look awful. For example - the fishnet pattern doesn't cover my entire thumbnail, so I need to stamp again next to the first stamp and I'm making a mess!!! So right now - my thumbs are not stamped. HELP!!

trincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyann91
OK - so I finally got some of these and I LOVE them. I even tried using regular polish, and it works fine if the pattern is small/narrow - like the fishnet pattern.

BUT - my questions is... I can't seem to perfect the process of stamping more than once and lining up the pattern for the second stamp so it doesn't look awful. For example - the fishnet pattern doesn't cover my entire thumbnail, so I need to stamp again next to the first stamp and I'm making a mess!!! So right now - my thumbs are not stamped. HELP!!

uh, there is no real solution to this problem... mainly I try to cover the thumbs by centering the pattern. for example with the leopard pattern I stamp the gaps again carefully with the edge of the pattern, but with the fishnet all you can do is centering the pattern...

tracyann91

Here's what I did - but I can't fit my thumb, so it's not done. Disregard the tip wear and bad cuticles
ssad.gif

I used Fingerpaints Plum Crazy for the nail color and Revlon Gold Rush for the stamping. I love this color combo!

nails2.jpg

nails1.jpg

dirtball

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
yea i have some.
sometimes it sucks that the image plate gets all scratched up due to the scraper. and u have to have patience because sometimes the whole image does not show up correctly.

do the scratches eventually start picking up color and messing up the designs?

i just got mine and did my nails with minimal difficulty and it looks fantastic, just as good as a nail salons airbrush work!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtball

Not in my experience. I have a couple that are pretty scratched but they work fine.

Jinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtball

Konad makes a plastic scraper that I like much better than the one with the metal blade.

I got mine at Konad Stamping Nail Art
Look under "Konad Stamping Nail Art" --> "Konad Accessories". It's called Konad Scraper Plastic Blade.

Latest posts