Nail Art Stamping

dirtball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinni
Konad makes a plastic scraper that I like much better than the one with the metal blade.

I got mine at Konad Stamping Nail Art
Look under "Konad Stamping Nail Art" --> "Konad Accessories". It's called Konad Scraper Plastic Blade.

ive been using a razor blade because when i used the metal scraper that came with it, i had to scrape it like 4 times- not time effective.....although being time effective with the razor blade does pose some safety issues. haha

mac_3

I have both the metal and plastic scraper, but what works best for me is using an old credit card or a store club card. It seems to scrape the right amount off and no scratches.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
has anyone tried the solid french tip stamps? if yes, photos would be fabulous!

I have the plate, but I find it near impossible to line it up straight. I have tried it a few times, but got so frustrated. I stick with the patterned plates since I can put them on crooked and they still look nice
lol.gif

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
has anyone tried the solid french tip stamps? if yes, photos would be fabulous!

I just ordered the french tip kit last night. When it arrives I'll post pictures of my first attempt!

Lizzie

Ok, so, here are my thoughts.
The French tip kit was not a good choice to start out. It's super hard to get lined up at the tip of my nail. Either it ends up crooked or it ends up more towards the middle of my nail. After some trying, I got it to work, but only on some nails. The white solid French tip kinda looks like white out tape, so I'm not a big fan. But, the designed tips are very cute! And, they look good even if they're not on the tip.

In short, they're nice, but also frustrating. But it's a kind of frustrating determination. I painted and repainted my nails for hours, just because I really wanted to make it work. After a while, I stopped doing a base color and just started stamping for practice. It's a cool idea, and I think I'll love it...once I get the hang of it.

My bf has polka dotted nails at the moment (I'm hiding the nail polish remover from him! haha)

Some pictures of my first attempts:
This is using the Konad white polish
DSC05171.jpg

This is using Sally Hanson Deepest of Violets:
DSC05186.jpg

They're both really sad, but I hope I'll get better. People have been saying that it doesn't work with normal polishes. It's kinda true because the purple I used is normally so dark that it's almost black. However, it was almost easier for me to get a good imprint on.

Also, be patient! Wait a loooooooooooong time for the polish to dry before applying your topcoat. And even then don't apply more than one coat. I messed up and smeared
ssad.gif

Good luck everyone! I'm off to play with it some more.

P.S. Sorry for the massive post.

User67

I am soooooo ordering one of these! I can see myself becoming addicted & redoing my nails in a new design every day lol!

User67

Okay, I just ordered my Konad. I got the starter kit that comes with the stamper, scraper, 1 design plate & white polish. I also bought a black polish & the M57 plate that has all the animal prints on it. I'm so excited! I hope that it's pretty easy for me to do. I keep watching youtube tutorials on it hoping that by the time it comes I will already know all the good tips & tricks. I'll be sure to post my results!

trincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyla2120
Okay, I just ordered my Konad. I got the starter kit that comes with the stamper, scraper, 1 design plate & white polish. I also bought a black polish & the M57 plate that has all the animal prints on it. I'm so excited! I hope that it's pretty easy for me to do. I keep watching youtube tutorials on it hoping that by the time it comes I will already know all the good tips & tricks. I'll be sure to post my results!

if it doesn't work by the first time, don't give up! The first day I got so frustrated, then suddenly - it worked =)

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by trincess
if it doesn't work by the first time, don't give up! The first day I got so frustrated, then suddenly - it worked =)

Thank you! I'll remember that
winks.gif

dirtball

konad's silver and gold special polishes suck. no matter what color i stamp them on top of, you can hardly see it. its almost sheer...WTF.

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtball
konad's silver and gold special polishes suck. no matter what color i stamp them on top of, you can hardly see it. its almost sheer...WTF.

Thanks for posting this! I was going to order the silver one next.

Badkitty- (our continued convo....lol)
I'm really not doing anything special to my nails. Mine have always grown pretty fast if I take care of em and ever since I was little I painted my nails. I find that (especially from dishwashing) my nails get pretty weak and chip eventually ( but always) if I don't have polish on them. Basically all I do is file them and paint them with maybe 2 or 3 coats of polish. when the polish starts to chip, thats usually when I redo my nails. The more I keep up with that, the longer my nails get and stronger. I usually mainly do a french manicure (I've since mastered this lol) I get pedicures all the time, but never manicures. I feel like why should I waste $ when I know how to do them myself. But I've never really drawn designs or flowers, etc. on them. Can't wait for KONAD!!!!!!!!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Here's a link of a site I found that has 168 different designs.
Community Nail Polish Gallery - Creme/Preppy Polka Dots

Hope it gets you inspired!!!
tong.gif

BaDKiTTy69

Thanks for the link, definitely will take a look at them.
I have pretty much same thing, my nails are harder when I have some polish one. But they always been pretty much soft and weak. I did take a lot of different vitamins they help me with the hair, but not so much with the nails.
Konad looks like a lof of fun. I do my french mani myself also with Orly kit. Its pretty easy to me know.

only1angel

Yea I know what you mean. After doing it yourself for so long it's kind of like you could do it with your eyes closed lol. I've been taking GNC's Women's Ultra Mega. My mom just started using it, too about a month or so ago, and her nails are just as strong as mine!!!!! My mom's nails were as weak and thin as a sheet of paper- no joke! So I think those vitamins definitely helped. She used to never put polish on or anything, she just gave up with her nails b/c they were horrible. But now she's getting manicures and showing off her nails lol

only1angel

Did the site say how long the shipping takes? Will we get a tracking # b/c I haven't received anything yet.....

dirtball

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
Did the site say how long the shipping takes? Will we get a tracking # b/c I haven't received anything yet.....

if you ordered your konad from wowsocool then youll get it fast. i dont remember the exact number of days, but dispite how anxious i was for it to come, i still thought it came fast! definitely less than a week.

BaDKiTTy69

only1angel, I have to try these vitamins. I use to take the ones from Whole Foods, the do help with the hair, but no so much with the nails.
I got email from them on Friday saying that they will ship my order on monday by USPS, so I guess there will be no tracking number.

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel

Mine came in like 2-3 days
smiles.gif

Latest posts