Release dates for Germany

bis

Just called the store in FFM and they confirm 1st of october as the release date. Forgot to ask about Art Of Powder. I have only one of the purple paintpots on my list, perhaps one of those can help the lousy evil eye quad colours to show up. That´s all I want, for the moment. But who knows, perhaps I have to say :macwallet: Btw, I will return my matchmaster foundation, too yellow, too dark, too cakey. Shade was 1.5!
Thanks. Let's hope they keep it. The Evil Eye Quad is bad for you? I really like it a lot and I do find it pigmented. I hope the paint pot makes it better for you. Apart from the shade, were you happy with it? I found it a bit cakey as well, but that was more the application I thought. And I also think that the shade conversion chart is not helping. I am tanned now, a NC20 and shade 2.0 was way too dark and orange. Will you give it another try?

dorni

Not sure if I should give it another try. It might be a nice Foundation if my skin was a bit oilier, but in the winter, my skin gets really dry and rough. At the moment I spritz my face with fix+, appling the MMF immediatly with the MAC 130 brush to avoid that cakey look. Colourwise, I´m mixing a bit of MAC F&B in N1 with the MMF. But that mix is getting too dark now. I have to admit, that I´m not the biggest fan of MAC´s Foundations, the shades are always looking a bit unnatural, at least on my skin. If the 1.0 should be a perfect match for my skintone, maybe I´ll give it another try. Perhaps I give the MUFE HD a try, their F&B Foundtion is wonderful just the coverage is a bit sheer for my needs (rosacea).

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
FYI for everyone who is ordering online: Douglas gave me the info that Posh Paradise and Fall Colour will be online at the middle of next week.

I wouldn't count on that as they gave me wrong dates before, but looks like they won't be online on Saturday :(

bis

Not sure if I should give it another try. It might be a nice Foundation if my skin was a bit oilier, but in the winter, my skin gets really dry and rough. At the moment I spritz my face with fix+, appling the MMF immediatly with the MAC 130 brush to avoid that cakey look. Colourwise, I´m mixing a bit of MAC F&B in N1 with the MMF. But that mix is getting too dark now. I have to admit, that I´m not the biggest fan of MAC´s Foundations, the shades are always looking a bit unnatural, at least on my skin. If the 1.0 should be a perfect match for my skintone, maybe I´ll give it another try. Perhaps I give the MUFE HD a try, their F&B Foundtion is wonderful just the coverage is a bit sheer for my needs (rosacea).
Yes, I have the same problem, dry skin and most foundations are either to yellow or too pink. Btw, have you tried Chanel foundations? I have the Vita Lumiere Aqua and it's a very nice one, plus they have a new one coming out soon.

Anneri

FYI for everyone who is ordering online: Douglas gave me the info that Posh Paradise and Fall Colour will be online at the middle of next week.

I wouldn't count on that as they gave me wrong dates before, but looks like they won't be online on Saturday :(

Well, it's already online at maccosmetics.de. Don't know since when, but Lightscapade of course is sold out.

Anneri

Well, today I was completely annoyed at MAC. I had to go to four (!) counters to get my stuff. It was the classic MAC mix up.
I had booked a train from MUC to FFM this morning but reckoned I'd manage to drop into Beck first and get my goodies, no matter how poor I felt (MASSIVE cold here). I called Beck yesterday and the release date was confirmed. I arrived at the store when they opened, asked for the collection and was rudely told that it wasn't out, that the SA didn't know when they had time to assamble it. I told her I had to get my train and I'd know exactly what I want, so that she maybe could get me my items, but that was flatly declined. The whole thing was so unhelpful and not customer orientated that her collegue looked uncomfortable and I seriously doubt that I ever shop at this counter again. I even told her that I had called yesterday and the MUA on the phone (perfectly nice) had told me it would be out today and that I would have to ask for it, because they didn't have the displays yet. Again - no.
I then went to the next counter, where a slightly confused girl told me that both collections would be out on tuesday. At the third counter, the same - a confused SA who told me Tuesday, and added that I was the fourth to ask for the collections today. Apparently she had absolutely no clue that Fall Color is special because of the MSFs!

I was at that point completely disgruntled but decided to call the FFM store. And yes, they had the collections out, without any displays, but out nevertheless, and when I arrived I went there first (yep, MU junkie, apparently!), got a Beigescapade (but they had only three left, so I'm happy I scored one at all), High-def Cyan (they got only three! Imagine that!), Half Wild p/p and Legendary and Deliciously Forbidden mattenes.
And everything because of some missing displays!

What did you get? Bis, did your counter have everything?

bis

Congrats, at least you got one! No, they did not get anything yet. Maybe on Thursday, but to be honest they might put the collection out any day when they get the products. :dunno: You need to tell me all about the Hi-Def Cyan, Half-Wild and Deliciously Forbidden :drools: Get well soon :support: Sorry you had such bad service at Beck :(

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Well, it's already online at maccosmetics.de. Don't know since when, but Lightscapade of course is sold out.
I was able to order two there, but I don't think I will receive them. My order ist still pending, other peoples' orders were shipped like 2 hours later. I called CS, and it was ridiculous and not helpfull to say the least. The same drama as it was with the 226 brush that I never received even though I ordered much earlier than most people who got it.
I also preorderd one at Beck, this was my first time ordering there, but I haven't received that one either, yet... Apparently 75 people ordered, but they only got 30 Lightscapades. They didn't call me to cancel my order, but they canceled the orders of some girls who placed their orders weeks earlier, so I' not sure if I'll end up getting that one

Thankfully I was able to order one at Breuninger yesterday, and it's already shipped. I'm still waiting for Douglas though, I want to order the Posh Paradise stuff there and also another Lightscapade if possible, as I want one or two backups.

Anneri

How did it all turn out, Naynadine?

I think MAC is really turning into a joke - it annoys me to no end recently. Delays, CS, 'die linke Hand weiß nicht, was die rechte tut', etc. Really really unprofessionell.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
How did it all turn out, Naynadine?

I think MAC is really turning into a joke - it annoys me to no end recently. Delays, CS, 'die linke Hand weiß nicht, was die rechte tut', etc. Really really unprofessionell.
Amen to that. My order, from last Friday, is still pending... It only says ,,Empfangen'' and nothing is happening, it's a joke, really.
ohboy.gif
I didn't call CS again, because that last call was already like talking to a wall. The lady made me feel really uncomfortable, not that she was rude, but it was like she refused to even pay attention to what my actual problem was. I kept repeating myself for ten minutes, and she just laughed everything off. I think it's safe to say that I will not get those two LS. In the meantime I received the ones from Beck and Breuninger, they are both very light, not much blue unfortunately.

I also ordered Treasure Hunt from Breuninger, the last one they had, but that also didn't ship yet, even though I ordered it the same day as lighscapade and that arrived yesterday. So I don't want to get my hopes up that I'll get that one either.

angry.gif

dorni

I talked to the MUA in the FFM store yesterday and she also thought that it´s ridiculous that the displays are still missing. A company as big as Lauder should be able to keep a schedule.

Sorry to hear that it is so difficult to order LE items online, I never tried that.
Naynadine, have you ever tried ordering from the pro-store in cologne? You can order there via phone, unfortunately you have to pay 7€ for shipping and you need a credit card, but less stress.

My purchase:
Emerald Dusk pigment
Hyperviolet p/p
Ash Violet f/l - yes, I love my purples and violets
Unkown Pleasures mattene l/s
212 Brush, wonderful for tightlining
Fast Play l/s (Back to MAC)

Have a nice weekend, ladies
cheerleader.gif

bis

I talked to the MUA in the FFM store yesterday and she also thought that it´s ridiculous that the displays are still missing. A company as big as Lauder should be able to keep a schedule.

Sorry to hear that it is so difficult to order LE items online, I never tried that.
Naynadine, have you ever tried ordering from the pro-store in cologne? You can order there via phone, unfortunately you have to pay 7€ for shipping and you need a credit card, but less stress.

My purchase:
Emerald Dusk pigment
Hyperviolet p/p
Ash Violet f/l - yes, I love my purples and violets
Unkown Pleasures mattene l/s
212 Brush, wonderful for tightlining
Fast Play l/s (Back to MAC)

Have a nice weekend, ladies
cheerleader.gif
Thanks, you too. Hope the bad weather does not ruin your weekends, girls :) Naynadine, write up all the issues you had and them them an email/letter and also mention how unhelpful this lady was. This is ridiculous.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Naynadine, write up all the issues you had and them them an email/letter and also mention how unhelpful this lady was. This is ridiculous.

I did, I wrote two detailed emails when Make Me Over was released, because I already had the same issues then and didn't receive the 226. But they pretty much ignored what I had to say, just like the lady from CS.

I called again on Friday about my Lightscapades, and the lady asked me which of my accounts I ordered with, because apparently I have several (???) Which is absolutely not true, no idea what this is about. She said that she is 99% sure that I will get my LCs, and that they're probably just waiting to get more stock in, and that she will send me an email once she knows more. An hour later I logged on in my account, and my order is cancelled!!! And I never received the promised email. I can't even put in words how annoyed I am with that website and their CS. Seriously.

I'll wait another 1 or 2 days for the email, if I don't get one, I'll call again.

Anyway, hope you're all enjoying your weekend :)

Anneri

Today I read on ablog that the Chanel holiday collection will be released only at Breuninger. Can someone confirm this? I think it's very strange...

bis

Today I read on ablog that the Chanel holiday collection will be released only at Breuninger. Can someone confirm this? I think it's very strange...
No idea, but it would actually be a step in the right direction, maybe then next year they would have it at all the counters. Btw, does anyone know the release date for the Guerlain peacock feather powder?

Anneri

will gareth pugh be released in germany?
I think so! Marcel Wanders was, last year. Maybe it will be just online, though.

Has anyone any idea about the next collections? What will be next?

It has been awfully quiet in this thread, hope all of you are well!

Mac-Guy

I think so! Marcel Wanders was, last year. Maybe it will be just online, though.

I'm here :)

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member

From what I have heard, GP will be available online only, not even in Pro stores. And I heard that it won't be released before January. But you can never be too sure with MAC, as we all know...

And I would think Daphne Guinness will come out in January, maybe also Iris Apfel. But that one will probably be an online exclusive collection as well.

What's on your lists for Gareth Pugh? I only want Strada, the rest doesn't wow me, and the prices are crazy
ohboy.gif