SEPHORA FRIENDS AND FAMILY-WHAT ARE YOU BUYING???

Copperhead

Aaaah! That Laura Mercier powder is in-store already??? I really want a swatch. I'm not into that brand much at all, but that powder has caught my eye. I love the idea of a rose gold highlighter and I'm hoping it's pigmented enough to actually do something on my skin. I don't want to waste my discount on it if I really just have to return it. Can't you go into a bit more detail if possible? Talk me into or out of it, please.
greengrin.gif

I'm not really into Mercier either but I was passing by and it really caught my eye. You must get in there and swatch it and come back to let me know what you think. I think it would make a fabulous highlighter. It's a really soft powder. No chunk or glitter. Just sexy shimmer. It's like buttery smooth and I think a little would go a long ways. Rose Gold is what it is. What I should've did was after swatching it on my hand, I should've applied a bit to my cheekbones as a highlighter with my finger so I can get a better idea because I don't all the time like to go by hand swatches. I kinda wanted to go in there to swatch a few highlighting items and I ended up swatching NARS Albatross, Benefit's Girl with Pearls (I think that's the name), Bobbi Brown's Bronze Shimmerbrick and maybe 2 others outside of the Mercier and if I had to buy one, it would be the Mercier.

Just talking about it is making me want to place an order RIGHT NOW. LOL!

jennifa

Woo! Amber Diamond is back in stock...

I'm sort of torn though... do you guys think I should get the Laura Mercier highlighter, Amber Diamond, or Mary Lou-Manizer? They all look lovely :D

Copperhead

I remember wanting Amber Diamond for quite some time. I haven't gotten it yet but I may end up getting it one day. But for now, since it's limited edition, I had to grab that Mercier Illuminator.

PixieDancer

You HAVE to get a Clarisonic! I travel a TON and this device is a face-saving savior!
I actually have the pro version only available from professional vendors, but I ordered a Mia with my F&F haul to use as a more travel-friendly version. And they have a Mia available with loads of extras at the same price as the normal Mia! ($119 I believe)

PixieDancer

Ooops... Forgot to list my F&F haul:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (have never tried this primer yet, usually use UD or MAC PP's)
Foundation Refills for my Temptu (Warm Beige 006)
YSL Golden Gloss 30 (LOVE Golden Gloss 10 and wanted to try another color)
MUFE lip liners in 11C (berry) and 15C (pink)
MUFE Aqua Cream 9 (coral)
Benefit Cream Shadow in Tidal Wave (looks AWESOME!)
Tarte Blush in Tipsy
UD All Nighter Setting Spray (HG product for me as a stage performer)
Ole Henrikensen Wipes (Great for travel or lazy nights when you don't want to wash your face)
Sephora Brush Cleaner

Copperhead

Ooops... Forgot to list my F&F haul:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance (have never tried this primer yet, usually use UD or MAC PP's)
Foundation Refills for my Temptu (Warm Beige 006)
YSL Golden Gloss 30 (LOVE Golden Gloss 10 and wanted to try another color)
MUFE lip liners in 11C (berry) and 15C (pink)
MUFE Aqua Cream 9 (coral)
Benefit Cream Shadow in Tidal Wave (looks AWESOME!)
Tarte Blush in Tipsy
UD All Nighter Setting Spray (HG product for me as a stage performer)
Ole Henrikensen Wipes (Great for travel or lazy nights when you don't want to wash your face)
Sephora Brush Cleaner
I've already made up my mind that I want that Clarisonic. Instead of asking hubby for MAC gift card for Christmas I've already told him I want the Clarisonic. Heehee!! I'll ask him if he has a code if he wants to order it before the sale ends on 11/2. He should be able to get his own code since he's ordered from there for me before.

I threw the small bottle of that UD All Nighter Setting Spray in with my order. How is it? Looks like it got pretty good reviews on Sephora's site.

PixieDancer

Make sure you check all the Clarisonic value sets! They have some with extras that others do not have!
As for the UD Setting Spray... I use it all the time. And I am on stage under bright lights, sweating 6 nights a week! Really holds my makeup in place without making my face feel stiff and tight.
Trying the small bottle is a good idea, since you never know how certain products will work with certain skin types. That's how I was turned onto it. I got a sample in a sample set I ordered and fell in LOVE!

PixieDancer

Almost forgot to tell you...
You can get the Clarisonic at Skinstore.com as well. They are almost always doing a coupon for 20% off, so if your hubby misses the Sephora sale, check there!
The 20% off code for Skinstore right now is G2GWIN (with FREE shipping on orders over $49.00 all the time!)
Enjoy your beautious skin girl! You'll be super happy!

califabulous

Make sure you check all the Clarisonic value sets! They have some with extras that others do not have! As for the UD Setting Spray... I use it all the time. And I am on stage under bright lights, sweating 6 nights a week! Really holds my makeup in place without making my face feel stiff and tight.
Trying the small bottle is a good idea, since you never know how certain products will work with certain skin types. That's how I was turned onto it. I got a sample in a sample set I ordered and fell in LOVE!

I've used the All nighter spray and it really works! I bought the mini to try it out and it's great.

califabulous

Woo! Amber Diamond is back in stock...

I'm sort of torn though... do you guys think I should get the Laura Mercier highlighter, Amber Diamond, or Mary Lou-Manizer? They all look lovely :D

uuuugggggghhhhh! I don't know which one to get...and thanks to Copperhead I've found out about the Mercier illuminator!!
th_wallbash.gif
It really looks gorgeous but I know I am well past lusting mode because I want them ALL!

Copperhead

Make sure you check all the Clarisonic value sets! They have some with extras that others do not have! As for the UD Setting Spray... I use it all the time. And I am on stage under bright lights, sweating 6 nights a week! Really holds my makeup in place without making my face feel stiff and tight.

Thanks for the review on the UD Setting Spray and the heads up on the Clarisonic value sets. Thanks a lot!

lovely333

I checked out the LM illuminator it was very pretty in the pan but not that great on the skin. My sephora let me do my ff in the store.

shontay07108

Mary Lou-Manizer is fantastic. It's not ashy at all and it gives a serious glow. A light hand is recommended. I do mean light.
I checked out the LM illuminator it was very pretty in the pan but not that great on the skin. My sephora let me do my ff in the store.
Why does it underwhelm you?

califabulous

so...I strategically went for a run along the bay (I haven't worked out in 3 weeks!) and what do you know there is a Sephora right there
amuse.gif
so I stopped in. The LM illuminator is really beautiful. In the pan it's gorg...has a metallic look....on the skin it is quite pretty. I now know what the you all meant by the "wet" look. I think this is great for summer. I'm picturing a model with chiseled cheek bones, defined eye-lined eyes and a glow from out of this world. I don't know about everyday...i think it could work. On my skin I have to use very little...it seems sparkle-y but not glittery. Surprisingly to me Dior Amber diamond looked ashy! I must say I am shocked. maybe I applied too much but it definitely wasn't giving me life. So i back tracked to albatross....by then I was in highlighter overload so I all I saw was shimmer all over. And Too faced sun bunny...I can't even tell I'm wearing it. Has anyone had this issue? these beautiful items look great on all these other folk but on you....eh. Oh and Tarte Tipsy...nope. Can barely see it on my skin. I doubt exposed will show up much either but time will tell. Don't get me wrong...glad to save the money but I am wondering about those lights in Sephora.....I thought they made everything look good?! Where are my HG products!?!?!?!?!?
rant.gif

p.s. i forgot to check out Mary Lou-manizer!

macgirl3121

So far my haul has been pretty small. I try to get the higher priced items with the 20% code. I'm thinking about getting a Clarisonic Mia because I have to travel for work in a few weeks. Clearly, I'm looking for an excuse to get a Mia. Lol! The limited edition sets with all the extras are showing out of stock right now though.

• Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector
  • Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel
  • Clarisonic brush heads

I saved my mother's day gift card for Sephora to put towards this. I totally forgot about the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes. Welp, onto the list it goes. Here is what I want so far.

• Philosophy Miracle Worker Dark Spot Corrector
  • Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel
  • Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion
  • Clarisonic brush heads
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay blush - Tipsy
  • Nars blush - undeicided on which one
  • new Nars concealer stick
  • Nars Pro Prime oil free

sss215

Almost forgot to tell you... You can get the Clarisonic at Skinstore.com as well. They are almost always doing a coupon for 20% off, so if your hubby misses the Sephora sale, check there!
The 20% off code for Skinstore right now is G2GWIN (with FREE shipping on orders over $49.00 all the time!)
Enjoy your beautious skin girl! You'll be super happy!
There is a new Clarisonic MIA out now. The old Mia is 119, and the new one with 2 speeds is 149. I am going to get the new one eventually, with color .