WORSHIP THE BALLS- A thread for Guerlain meteorites and the women who love them

ccooper33

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I will give it a shot :)

I'm new to the Guerlain world after purchasing my first set of balls from Sephora during their sale..and I of course am in love. Anyways, I really wanted the same thing but in a more compact, travel-friendly way, so when I saw the pressed balls on Nordstrom, I got so excited...but now they canceled my order (I'm assuming because it's out of stock?), so I went for the next best thing (I think) which is the voyage powder (REFILL though...not the compact. I'm not ready to drop $170 on something I'm not sure how I feel about...I figure I can place the powder in a Z Palette for now..). My question is, do I stick with the voyager powder or order the pressed balls from somewhere else? What do you guys think?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Medgal07

Those names sound more like foundation or pressed powder to me.
yes.gif
That's what I said too Anitacska.

Medgal07

pressed balls will be permanent. just be patient they will become available
iagree.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Dreaming Dancer

Nordstrom just cancelled my order too so I just ordered them from Saks.
I'm thinking I'll be getting a cancellation as well. I guess I'll be ordering from Saks or Neimans.

walkingdead

[COLOR=0000FF]  Oh no!  I also ordered form Nordies and checked my acc status after reading your message.  It still says 'In Process.'  I guess I should brace myself for a cancellation[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]notice too[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]:shock: [/COLOR]  [COLOR=0000FF]When did you place your order????[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]​  I would order from another store or wait for a Nordies restock.[/COLOR]   :agree: [COLOR=0000FF]  I'm thinking I'll be getting a cancellation as well.  I guess I'll be ordering from Saks or Neimans.[/COLOR]
Nordies cancelled mine too- ordered on NM

Prettypackages

ok, I didn't read the information correctly... here it is... I kept thinking they were balls b/c it said blanc de perle... I was excited thinking we were getting more blanc balls, or was going to see if we could order them from our hook up. LOL

[h=2]Guerlain Blanc de Perle for Spring 2014[/h] [h=3]Blanc de Perle Bright & Sculpt Powder Foundation SPF 20/ PA++[/h] Shades:

• #01 Beige Pale
  • #02 Beige Clair
  • #03 Beige Naturel
  • #32 Ambre Clair

starletta8

Thanks for everyone upthread for the well wishes. It took almost 2 weeks, but I'm on the mend now.

I have to admit that it was lovely to be able to unpack 2 new meteorites in my held mail- Pucci and an old Beige Chic. Problem is now that I have more balls than room on their tray! Oops.

I'm holding out for the new pressed compacts- I had the old version and almost cried when it was DC'd.

NaomiH

Thanks for everyone upthread for the well wishes.  It took almost 2 weeks, but I'm on the mend now. I have to admit that it was lovely to be able to unpack 2 new meteorites in my held mail- Pucci and an old Beige Chic. Problem is now that I have more balls than room on their tray!  Oops. I'm holding out for the new pressed compacts- I had the old version and almost cried when it was DC'd.
So glad to see you back in the thread and to hear you're getting better. :hug: Enjoy your new balls!

Medgal07

Thanks for everyone upthread for the well wishes. It took almost 2 weeks, but I'm on the mend now.

I have to admit that it was lovely to be able to unpack 2 new meteorites in my held mail- Pucci and an old Beige Chic. Problem is now that I have more balls than room on their tray! Oops.

I'm holding out for the new pressed compacts- I had the old version and almost cried when it was DC'd.
Glad you're on the mend and able to enjoy your new balls. I'm inspired by your love for the old pressed version. Hopefully the new is as good, if not better.

starletta8

Glad you're on the mend and able to enjoy your new balls. I'm inspired by your love for the old pressed version. Hopefully the new is as good, if not better.
I'm still holding onto an almost-empty compact because it was awesome.

The compacts are slowing me down on procuring more older balls for the moment...

Medgal07

I'm still holding onto an almost-empty compact because it was awesome.

The compacts are slowing me down on procuring more older balls for the moment...
I think they're permanent so maybe you can reprioritize and get the vintage balls first.

stormborn

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I will give it a shot :) I'm new to the Guerlain world after purchasing my first set of balls from Sephora during their sale..and I of course am in love. Anyways, I really wanted the same thing but in a more compact, travel-friendly way, so when I saw the pressed balls on Nordstrom, I got so excited...but now they canceled my order (I'm assuming because it's out of stock?), so I went for the next best thing (I think) which is the voyage powder (REFILL though...not the compact. I'm not ready to drop $170 on something I'm not sure how I feel about...I figure I can place the powder in a Z Palette for now..). My question is, do I stick with the voyager powder or order the pressed balls from somewhere else? What do you guys think? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They have the compact on Sephora for CAD$70! Not sure what that works out to in USD. OOOOMGGG those Dragon balls. :shock: I've never tried Meteorites before but I've been lusting over them for ages. I finally decided to go and pick them up whenever I'm out this week but now I've seen this and ugh. :eyelove: is it wrong that I want them purely for the black and gold packaging?