MAC - Tour de Fabulous Discussion

2browneyes

The effects in products are specialized mica pigments and that's why they are so expensive..and to top that, anything with TM name is over priced..

that said.. the colours we will be seeing for most of the autumn/winter collex are deep burgundies, plums, pinked berries and rust... the emphasis is again on texture -- satin, soft mattes.. and matte gloss.

Rust colors n matte glosss...that made me very excited!

katred

Specktra Bestie
When I popped by the Chanel and Lancome counters earlier this week, makeup artists at both locations talked about their lines coming out with matte lips for fall too.
I got to peek at the Chanel promo images and they are divine. Everything I love about fall makeup colors and trends.

I hope MACs and the other ones have textures similar to the newish Bobbi Brown lipsticks, which have this really light, moisturizing feel on the lips, but have really fantastic color payoff.
Lancome's matte lipsticks are the best I've ever tried in my life. They unfortunately only have about 8 colours available, but if there are more coming, I'm all over those.

LMD84

i just hope we get some news on this 'glam gloss' soon! i need something to get me excited mac!

TeresitaMC

I dont know why but I feel like it's a news day, lol! Maybe because it's been constant rain for 2 days. Mind you, I've had this feeling of a needed news day before and most times it's wrong, haha.

LMD84

I dont know why but I feel like it's a news day, lol! Maybe because it's been constant rain for 2 days. Mind you, I've had this feeling of a needed news day before and most times it's wrong, haha.

well if it is news day i will be very happy!

sunshine rose

I like the sound of these, what Her Greyness said about them is completely different to what I thought they would be in my head but I think I'm going to like them! Especially the matte gloss!

Swirlgirl

Lipstick Queen has a matte lipgoss "Oxymoron Matte Gloss." I've tried a couple of shade and they are just okay - it was really more like a satin/lustre lipstick pressed into a pot.
Here's the link in case anyone is curious about Lipstick Queen:
http://www.lipstickqueen.com/product_frame.htm

I hope whatever MAC does it, is more like the Kissable lippies that came out with Peacocky. I'd love more of that!

User38

Yes.. the products will be more like the Peacocky (which were a total blow out on sales) -- not like LsQ Oxymoron gloss. LMercier and Guerlain have some in more matte, neutrals -- these will be more satiny than those and less matte.

don't worry, be happy
cheerleader.gif

singer82

thanks HerGreyness! Sounds awesome. I kinda hoped for this to be like a Dare to wear gloss/dazzleglass hybrid. But satiny sounds awesome, esp for the dry months.

MACina

Thank you HerGreyness!!!

I am sooooo much looking forward to this collection!
I loooooooove the ones from Peacocky....

Yes.. the products will be more like the Peacocky (which were a total blow out on sales) -- not like LsQ Oxymoron gloss. LMercier and Guerlain have some in more matte, neutrals -- these will be more satiny than those and less matte.

don't worry, be happy
cheerleader.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
That sounds like all sorts of awesome! I wouldn't be surprised if Peacocky had been Mac's biggest success so far this year.

LMD84

don't worry, be happy
cheerleader.gif
oh i am so excited!!

panther27

Dammit,I'm sick of this ridiculous secrecy from MAC,all other companies release their info months ahead of time!They need to realize they are doing the wrong thing.

LMD84

Dammit,I'm sick of this ridiculous secrecy from MAC,all other companies release their info months ahead of time!They need to realize they are doing the wrong thing.
i wish they would too - it sucks not having anything to chat about or get excited about :(

Swirlgirl

HG, my dear you are the best!
The lightweght, satiny finish sounds lovey. I am all about texture right now and excited to see MAC trying new forumulations.

User38

leah.. good for you... that shows character to say no to something lovely..

I worked on this whole line and I do think it was a bang up job as well as a great sell for MAC products.. that said, the new textures are going to production.

Swirgirl .. ty
hatsoff.gif
I live to serve.